Site Acquisition Manager
St. Louis, MO
The Site Acquisition Manager will take on the responsibility of vendor project oversight in the Central US. The Manager will oversee permitting vendors, self-perform permitting when necessary, attend hearings and conduct agreement negotiations. Tracker updates would be gathered from the vendors, proofed and relayed to the team by email and during regular in-person and conference calls. This resource will be experienced in the site entitlement processes specifically in municipalities in the Central US. The resource will engage with and manage those with whom the company currently utilizes to file and process to completion, permits and approvals necessary to begin site construction. In addition, this resource will track the progress of each vendor and its projects, identifying and/or anticipating disruptions and delays in the progress and making suggestions to the vendors and/or the company relative to overcoming such disruptions. In addition, when necessary, the resource will be expected to take reasonable actions, such as engaging with government and private entities that have a role in the discretionary process, or ensuring that proper filings take place.
- Assist in the execution on assigned jurisdictional responsibilities from proposal stage through the completion of jurisdictional approvals, allowing the implementation team to begin construction per schedule
- In conjunction with the Regional Director forecast as accurately as possible approval milestone dates and communicate on timely basis when the forecasted dates change, for better or worse.
- Assist in the forecast any external costs associated with procuring jurisdictional approvals including any third-party costs (outsourced vendors) and non-recurring and recurring costs embedded in the process. Learn to manage the budget in the process of acquiring jurisdictional approval.
- Develop the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal colleagues and external customers, and bring in the appropriate executive management and technical team members where and when needed
- Be willing to travel, as reasonably required to fulfill required responsibilities and duties of the position
- Evaluate matters and make clear, well-reasoned and supported decisions on a daily basis, and communicate those decisions effectively to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep the Regional Director apprised of all issues, resource allocations, vendor sourcing recommendations, Project Tracker enhancements, and various other items that require management knowledge and input
- Keep up to date on new advances in technology and applications and overall Company strategy that may impact the rights and entitlements procurement process
- Attend municipal, county and other jurisdictional hearings or related meetings where appropriate and present verbal arguments to support the projects.
- Identify, qualify, and manage SA outside vendors when needed to assist in the acquisition, negotiation and administration of the various rights and entitlement agreements
- Participate in site acquisition themed trade shows and professional development activities where appropriate for the furtherance of the team and Company goals
- Present willingness to perform tasks beyond standard goals and objectives
- Manage and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate, and understand colleagues
- Possess an energetic, positive, and assertive attitude
- Present the ability to relate and gain the respect of cross functional teams that are not direct reports
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, and creativity while contributing significantly toward the continued success of the team.
- Hold the highest standards of integrity in all dealings with others
- Coordinate with Legal and/or the applicable Engineering teams (with and through the National Director, Site Acquisition - Infrastructure) when necessary to close gaps in required information such as regulatory status, technical requirements for utility joint use agreements, impact of the various agreements on jurisdictional approvals, franchise and ROW agreements, unusual easement and cost situations, etc.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University
- Jurisdictional planning background is preferred
- A legal background with experience focused on real estate or land use, or agreement acquisition and negotiation in the wireless pole attachment or right of way access arenas, or governmental relations is preferred
- Possess multi-level relationships within the telecommunications and/or utility industries
- Strong presentation skills and agility with Microsoft Office
Why Work Here?WAVSYS is a national solutions company offering contract, permanent and turnkey staffing solutions by leveraging its international network of 20 offices covering USA, Canada, and the UK.
Great, well-respected company in the industry that has long-term career growth in mind. Temp to perm considered after 6 months.