Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world's leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG's projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The New York location of Wimberly Interiors is hiring a FF&E Designer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The FF&E Designer, located in New York, provides essential design and/or technical support for the Interior Design Team and works closely with senior staff to shadow and develop design and deliverables for various projects. The Designer position will prepare, update and correct drawings, presentations, graphics; design; CAD design/drafting; furniture, fixture and accessory specifications; furnishing, color and material boards; model making; FF&A sourcing; resource organization; and general computer skills.
- Assist with concept presentations and verbal presentations as necessary
- Assist and prepares Furnishing, color & material boards
- Assist the department with product resource organization
- Assist the department with sourcing and product research
- Rendered plans / section elevations
- Freehand sketches
- CAD documentation
- Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories specifications
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Train and mentor the interns in the Interior Design Department
- Maintain and update the drawing files
- Assist with Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories research
- Assist with GC finishes, plumbing fixtures, lighting fixtures, millwork details - specifications and organizing
- Assist the department with the preparation of graphics and 3D renderings
- Maintain and organize the design library
- Assist the office with general clerical support
- Will perform other project and duties as assigned by the Manager
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Professionalism, courtesy, and tact are required in dealing with clients and colleagues.
Other requirements include:
- B.S. or B.A. in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and 3-7 years related experience in designing small to mid-size interior projects including urban and resort hotels is preferred
- A proficient level of experience in the use of AutoCad, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Moderate level of experience in graphic design concepts such as, hand sketch case work, vignette scenes, hand coloring, rendering interior drawings, area take offs and shop drawings
- The ability to assemble FF&E and finish boards with minimal supervision
- A proficient level of experience in interior design concepts such as, space planning, furniture, fixtures, and product research
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
*Please include a copy of your portfolio with your resume