Medicare Sales Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Individual and Medicare Sales Consultant is responsible for achieving sales goals for both Medicare and Individual. The Medicare Sales responsibilities will be accomplished through the acquisition of Medicare broker appointments and certifications using effective sales techniques to engage and support Medicare insurance brokers. Under minimal supervision the Medicare and Individual Sales Consultant primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Maintaining FMO and carrier relationships at all levels as it relates to Medicare and Individual. Goal setting and support of sales team to create an environment for continued growth and success. Maintain frequent and effective contact with brokers and build active selling relationships to increase sales of all Medicare and Individual product lines. Prospect inactive brokers to find new Medicare sales opportunities. Provide product and technology training for brokers and brokerage staff. Make outbound sales calls and follow up calls to active and potential brokers. The Medicare and Individual Sales Consultant makes independent decisions within Warner Pacific, broker, CMS, SMS and carrier guidelines and procedures relative to Medicare, as well as modifications to existing business.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Help establish goals and milestones for individual and Medicare sales team.
- Ensure that sales team has all necessary training and tools to perform their duties effectively.
- Manage insurance carrier and FMO relationships at all levels within their organizations.
- Coordinate with Warner Pacific Operations Manager to establish and improve client services, processes and procedures.
- Work to establish and maintain a visible presence in the Colorado / Texas market.
- Strictly adhere to the CMS and Warner Pacific’s marketing and compliance regulations.
- Maintain insurance license, AHIP and health plan certifications
- Demonstrate knowledge on the mechanics and differences between Medicare Advantage plans, Part D plans and Medicare Supplements and be able to assist brokers with questions
- Provide guidance to Commercial Sales team on how to educate agents to convert T65 employees into Medicare Plans
- Thoroughly understand Warner Pacific contracted carrier plans and be able to quote in SMS or from carrier sites as appropriate
- Design, build and conduct Medicare training webinars for brokers
- Participate on Medicare project, planning and marketing meetings
- Conduct broker training and update meetings including broker round table, WarnerFest, NAHU symposiums and Medicare summits as required
- Provide brokers appropriate commission structure specific to carrier and type of Medicare plan they contract as needed
- Broker outreach to potential and active brokers to increase Medicare sales volume and provide carrier/plan consultative services to brokers to assist with new purchasing decision
- Educate brokers on release processes from carrier/FMO
- Provide broker guidance on SurenceBay link and other carrier links for appointment process.
- Follow up post appointment and registration process and train brokers on Lead Advantage
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Medicare market factors, carriers, plans, benefits and Medicare guidelines in the CO / TX landscape
- Direct brokers on how to submit Medicare enrollments and communicate eligibility requirements, Medicare review/approval process including timing of ID card receipt, etc. and the service contacts and process
- Participate in marketing events and exhibits, present Warner Pacific’s Value Add Proposition to actively recruit new Medicare brokers
- Coordinate, communicate and educate with the Medicare Pre-Sales Associate to ensure broker messaging and communication is consistent
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with sales executives, brokers and carriers and maintain them over time
- Document leads and communication in Sales Force
- Review SMS hierarchy report to determine new brokers and Medicare plans sold
- Conduct timely follow up on issues in progress
- Make note of potential workflow enhancements and communicate to supervisor for consideration
- Work with supervisor and marketing to develop appropriate marketing materials
- Conduct all business activities with a sales acumen and a goal of providing only the soundest purchasing recommendations to brokers
- Demonstrate consistent, outstanding judgment, honesty and integrity in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to identify and maintain the most efficient process to reach required outcome
- Provide back up in other areas within the department/company as needed/requested
- Other activities as assigned
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; advanced education or degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Medicare Sales experience
- Valid Colorado/ Texas life/health insurance license
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Ability to self-start and think/act independently and in concert with co-workers, management and customers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication, as well as presentation, skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and foster positive, open communication channels with internal and external customers, with emphasis on sales force and carrier partners
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to think and act independently and to consider all available avenues to obtain desired results for customers
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to perform the majority of required work between 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with flexibility to travel as needed
- Computer literacy with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, lift a minimum of 5 pounds, file, stand, bend, reach and pull
WARNER PACIFIC INSURANCE
BusinessView all jobs at WARNER PACIFIC INSURANCE
Get fresh Medicare Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.