Medical Assistant (MA-C) - FT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Washington Gastroenterology believes that digestive health is the foundation for a healthy life. We are committed to improving the quality of life and longevity of our patients and our communities through the prevention, detection, and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
We are WAGI
WAGI is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant to join our Tacoma Clinic.
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care in the Medical Office setting by using sound judgment and cognitive abilities to make patient care decisions based on scientific nursing knowledge, consistent with the needs of the patient.
If you are selected for the position, WAGI is offering a New Hire Incentive Bonus of $3,000 for qualified individuals (must be new hires to the organization and full-time). Details to be discussed.
- Responsible for all assigned clerical duties associated with WAGI Laboratory
- Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting
- Responsible for discarding specimen containers
- Preparing and Processing of Lab Specimen
- Competency with venipuncture
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA regulations
- Prepares patient for examination by greeting patient in a positive, professional manner, gathering patient vitals, including weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration's, and escorting patient to exam room
- Updates and documents patient's current medications, problem list, allergies, and health history, and relevant problems and/or complaints in the patient medical record
- Provides instruction, education, and direction to patients on routine medical questions, procedures and ordered tests
- Assists patients with prescription refill requests within Washington Gastroenterology policy
- Manages nursing in-box requests and maintains the sample medication supplies and the patient care supply inventory
- Supports administrative functions of the medical office by assisting the administrative staff when needed
- Obtains insurance authorization for necessary medications prescribed by Washington Gastroenterology providers
- Schedules patient procedure, lab, and x-ray appointments, as well as follow-up visits for the patient
- Obtains pre-procedure medical clearance from outside providers for patients with cardiac and other high-risk modalities
- Documents all patient care encounters accurately, completely, and in a timely manner
- Maintains exam rooms, cleansing between patients and restocking as needed
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program
- Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Current license as MA-C in the State of Washington
- Phlebotomy skills required
- Current BLS certification
- As a healthcare organization, the candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WAGI will consider requests for religious or medical accommodation exemptions from this requirement as allowed under the Mandate at the time of Job Offer through Human Resources.
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Occasional travel may be required to other local locations on an as-needed basis to back-fill for vacations, etc.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the day, up to 8 hours per day
- Prolonged periods of sitting and performing administrative duties including the use of computers
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, and reach
- Able to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed (up to 25 pounds)
Washington Gastroenterology has an excellent benefit package that includes the following:
- Closed for major holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- Life Insurance coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement program with profit sharing
- Paid Time Off – 4 weeks in your first year
- Monday – Friday Schedule with no evenings
WAGI Washington Gastroenterology
Get fresh Work From Home Gastroenterology Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.