- $24 Hourly
Summary: Perform daily work activities with direct to moderate supervision. Work activities to be performed include: computer-aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed. AutoCAD knowledge/experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
1. Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
2. Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
3. Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
4. Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
5. Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
6. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
7. Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
8. Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
Education Requirements: Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, or relevant equivalent experience and/or education. Work Experience: Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 4 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Additional Requirements: Must be available to work overtime, call-out overtime and shift work, as required. Travel requirements are expected 10% of the time. Physical demand level is Sedentary. Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law. This position may require shift work or overtime. Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.
W3R Consulting is a Southfield, Michigan based staffing and consulting firm that provides talent, technology consulting and advanced analytics solutions to Fortune 500 companies in the automotive, financial, healthcare, insurance, professional and business services, and retail industries. In 2012, w3r acquired Nurse Now Staffing. inner of numerous customer and industry awards, this year W3R celebrates 22 years of innovation, exceptional customer service and community engagement.
W3R Consulting Inc.Tulsa, OK
WebsiteView All W3R Consulting Inc. Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.