Mechanical Designer / Engineer (HVAC)
- $70,000 to $110,000 Yearly
Mechanical Designer / Engineer
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of mechanical engineering as it pertains to HVAC building systems engineering (boiler, chiller, air handling, piping, ductwork, controls) for a variety of markets sectors including Education, Health Science, Telecommunications, Government, and Commercial.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will provide consulting services for various projects from feasibility studies and advanced planning to construction documents and building close-out and operation - helping to plan, design and build operate technically superior facilities. You will work directly with owners to provide technical expertise and guidance on assessments, feasibility studies, cost benefit analysis, and project programming. You will be responsible for completing HVAC designs on projects, preparing reports and specifications, and providing a high level of technical competency. The successful candidate will support projects locally and regionally, and should be organized and responsive with strong verbal and written communication skills. The candidate should be capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment, and able to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Responsibilities may include:
· Perform engineering work within a multi-discipline, engineering team
· Prepare engineering systems design as well as prepare reports, construction plans, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
· Prepare studies, permitting, and alternative analysis
· Data collection, analysis, and documentation
· Performing Engineering Design Calculations
· Preparing Building Energy Models and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
· Preparing/ Guiding the Production of Drawings and/or Building Information Models for HVAC systems (i.e., AutoCAD, Revit)
· Performing Site Surveys (e.g., existing conditions surveys, construction administration)
· Coordinating Electrical Requirements of Selected Equipment
· Assisting a Project Manager in the Production of Project Specifications
Desired skills and experience:
· B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
· P.E. strongly preferred (E.I. will be accepted in lieu of P.E. for exceptional candidates)
· 5 to 10 years relevant experience engineering and consulting required
· Experience in HVAC systems required
· Good written and verbal communication skills essential
· Proficiency with the latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT
BASE SALARY RANGE - $70K - $110K depending on experience and whether Designer or Registered PE.
W3Global IncCary, NC
Get fresh Mechanical Designer / Engineer (HVAC) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.