Parts Support Technician
- $58,240 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Parts Support Technician Opportunity Summary:
Parts Support Technicians are responsible for providing part support to technicians in the shop to ensure all work scheduled is completed promptly and to the customer's satisfaction. The salary range is determined by experience with base salary and incentive pay up to $58,240 annually.
- Assists in the development of parts lists for repairs being performed using extensive product knowledge, various computer software programs, and supplier catalogs, estimating requisition completion time with a high degree of accuracy.
- Minimizes customers' repair downtime related to parts availability and procurement issues.
- Identifies sources for and procures non-stock parts, using relationships developed with local suppliers.
- Matches customer needs with W. W. Williams product and service offerings and recommends solutions, allowing Service Department to maximize customer satisfaction and sales opportunities.
- Enters parts used on jobs into computer resulting in a thorough accounting of inventory levels and accurate customer invoices.
- Recovers freight costs by following the current freight policy.
- Estimates date of delivery to the shop, based on knowledge of own firm's inventory and stock delivery schedules communicating with the shop to ensure efficient use of technicians' time.
- Expedites urgent orders based on customers' requirements.
- Investigates and resolves problems with deliveries.
- Assures proper tagging and return of cores from remanufactured products used on shop jobs.
- Verifies completion and accuracy of parts portions of shop jobs to facilitate job closings.
- Assists in setting appropriate stocking levels by reporting stocking problems or opportunities.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6+ months of equivalent combination education, training, and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of heavy-duty trucks and trailer parts.
- Basic knowledge of heavy-duty truck/trailer maintenance/ repair business and the ability to learn mechanical terminology.
- Computer and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Employee Benefits & Rewards:
- 8 Paid Holidays & 1 Paid Wellness Day
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Company Paid Training
- Growth & Company Match
About the Company:
W.W. Williams was founded in Columbus, Ohio, in 1912. Today, The W.W. Williams Companies has a broad portfolio of businesses located throughout the U.S. and Mexico. Under the long-standing brand, W.W. Williams Companies comprise one of the nation's largest sales and service providers of industrial power products with an extensive network of 44 facilities employing more than 500 service technicians. It offers service and repair, OEM product sales, and supply chain management solutions. Its products and service offerings include diesel engines, transmissions, bumper-to-bumper truck repair, transport refrigeration, power generation systems, and supply chain logistics services.
When you join the W.W. Williams team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of Americans daily. As a leader in the transportation service, repair, and parts industry, W.W. Williams offers flexibility and tailored solutions for your transportation repair needs. Our mission is to be the trusted provider of innovative, timely solutions that surpass your expectations.
Join us for a career where you'll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
W.W. Williams CompanyNorth Las Vegas, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.