Gas Power Products Sales Manager:
Sr. Business Development Manager Cogeneration, is a crucial member of the Sales team at W.W. Williams and the wider Distributed Energy & Power business. Specifically, this revenue generating role will be responsible for the success of the entire sales process from project origination to close. Cogeneration projects will often require service contracts based on both the capital investment and ROI for medium to large energy users spanning multiple products, sites, and partners.
The area of focus will include systems from 80kW up to 10MW for installations of cogeneration (Combined Heat & Power, or CHP) solutions in hospitals, hotels, higher education campuses, recreation centers, government offices, supermarkets, factories and other energy intensive buildings. Working with end users, consultants and contractors the role is responsible:
- Full ownership and accountability for originating sales leads and prospects, working with marketing to participate in trade shows, industry talks and other sales presentation opportunities.
- Full ownership and accountability for closing deals; creating positive relationships and transactional progress while working with the internal team on negotiations to completion.
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams, including design, engineering, construction management and others to help develop and deliver projects.
- To develop relationships at engineering and executive levels.
- To promote CHP technology and its benefits to key end user accounts.
- Understand and track the potential project roadmap in multi-site accounts.
- Originate CHP and related opportunities through business development activities.
- Prioritize those opportunities according to potential and chance of conversion.
- To understand the needs of a client and develop a technical proposal to meet those needs.
- Create professional proposal documents, pitches, tenders and presentations.
- Deliver resulting projects from concept stage to handover for detailed design.
- To understand key CHP features and relate them to benefits and related legislation.
- Promote this low carbon energy efficient technology within strategically important end users.
- Promote CHP at industry events and seminars.
- Working to and developing sales processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with Sales Manager to establish a realistic yet stretching learning program including product knowledge, an appropriate knowledge of mechanical & electrical & energy engineering, and sales/communications skills.
- Take ownership of personal development, setting roadmap for learning and career goals.
- Contracting and structuring methods for Solutions may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
- Contracted services should frequently include other turn-key energy aspects; including design, construction and equipment provision for turnkey project solutions.
- Expected work hours consist of 80% outside sales and 20% in office.
- Bachelor's degree (business, economics, engineering preferred).
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience, with a track record of new business development.
- Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable.
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships.
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects.
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets useful.
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to motivate a virtual team.
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers.
Competitive wages and benefits. EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.