Transmission Mechanic/Technician (Phoenix, AZ)
Transmission Technician will focus on transmission related issues along with diesel engine and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
Demonstrates highest level of knowledge & experience to diagnose and repair both simple and complex truck systems.
Maintain current knowledge of mechanics and mechanical test equipment, experience with Allison Transmission and Detroit Diesel engines preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary focus on Transmission related issues.
- Diesel engines and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs.
- Inspect transmission and/or engine for conformance to standard.
- Diagnose cause of nonconformance. Identify corrective action necessary to correct nonconformance.
- Diagnose and repair basic equipment wiring.
- Paper work and/or R/O documentation.
- Basic computer literacy and good verbal communication skills.
- Performs other routine duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver's License, ASE Certification preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical/vocational school; and/or three to four+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive wages and benefits, EOE/AAP/M/F/Vets/Disabled, DFWP.