W.G./Welch Mechanical Contractors, LLC is seeking a highly motivated experienced Construction Safety Professional to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who can work individually and adopt and enforce WG Welch’s high safety and quality control standards.
Safety/QC Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- OSHA 300 is required. If you already have it that is a plus. If not, but you have the prerequisite background, WGW will pay for the training.
- Performing safety and quality control inspections.
- Providing frequent field support - administered safety and quality control programs, policies, and procedures that oversee construction activities.
- Continuously evaluate construction jobsites for any hazards not previously identified or adequately controlled.
- When necessary, cease work and take immediate actions to remove personnel from hazardous areas if the safety or health of employee personnel, other site personnel, or third parties is jeopardized by work activities.
- Witness and document inspections of work prior to concealment
- Inspect work of defects and compliance.
- At least five years of safety/quality control experience, including on high rise multi-family construction sites.
- Strong plumbing/mechanical background
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including federal and State, and industry best practices, IPM and IMC and IBC codes.
- Flexible and able to work in a variety of situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a variety of people
- Excellent computer skills