- Posted: over a month ago
Company Name: W.E. O’Neil Construction Company of Colorado
Title of Position: Project Manager - (PM1)
Scope: The primary function of the Project Manager is to provide leadership and management for a specific construction project. The Project Manager has the responsibility for the project and project team from inception and preconstruction through completion to ensure that the project is completed to the satisfaction of all.
FLSA Status Full-Time (Salary-Exempt)
Salary Range: $76,500 – 110,000
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Senior Project Manager or other assigned supervisor(s). Note: Reports to the Project Executive or Director of Operations when assigned sole responsibility for a project.
Benefits include Health Insurance, Medical & Wellness Reimbursement, Vacation & Sick Time, Life Insurance, 401k, ESOP.
Location: Denver, Colorado
-Colorado TOP 400 CONTRACTOR, ENGINEERING NEWS RECORD (ENR), 2019
-Colorado General Building TOP 400 CONTRACTOR, ENGINEERING NEWS RECORD (ENR), 2019
-Colorado TOP 25 - 2020 Front-Range General Contractors, Denver Business Journal
- Are you searching for a construction company that values teamwork?
- Are you someone who would be dedicated to the company's core values of integrity, teamwork, and excellence?
- Would you like the opportunity to constantly learn, thrive, and be challenged to grow on each new construction project?
- Would you like to be part of a company where your work is respected, and your contributions appreciated?
- If you are ready to bring your “A” game, keep reading…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of successfully supervising a project with a project budget range of $1M - $60M, under various delivery methods, diversity in market sectors, and varying complexities
- Work closely with the Estimator during the preconstruction phase in managing the various design phases and setting the GMP and establishing the projects General Conditions
- 100% Responsible for Buyout. Creates Buyout Matrix and ensures that scopes are bought out on time (90 in 90) as to not impact the project schedule.
- Able to delegate certain Contracts being written but ultimately responsible for all deals being made on the project.
- Able to review and understand the Owner Contract and communicate said Prime Contract requirements to all team members.
- Work closely with the Superintendent(s) and project team in maintaining and enforcing project site safety programs
- Participates and is an active member in the Project Safety Plan.
- Responsible for overall project profitability:
- 100% responsible for Cost Controlling & Forecasting. Cost reports are submitted timely and accurately monthly.
- WEO PCI Log (EXT & INT) is accurate and constantly up to date. The risk associated with Internal and External PCI's is understood and recognized in the monthly cost reconciliation.
- GR's and GCs are properly recaptured in all External Change Order (When applicable).
- Able to resolve 99% of all External PCI's. External PCIs are compiled in a detailed well-documented manner. Subsequent Owner Change Orders are issued on time to the project.
- 100% Responsible for Pay Applications & All Invoicing. Ensures that billing, payments, and invoices are accurately and promptly addressed. Works well with the Project Administrator to ensure the process flows smoothly.
- Manages and maintains Positive Project Cashflow and uses early retention or similar as a tool for Subcontractor negotiation
- Participates in developing the project responsibility matrix and Org chart. Able to properly delegate and ensure "no stone is left unturned," on the project.
- Keeps a pulse on the workload of team members and adjusts assignments accordingly.
- Leads weekly WEO staff meetings and ensures that a project Hot List is being addressed in some form.
- Develops and Manages APMs, SPE's, PEs & Interns. Conscience of individual goals and growth. Able to mitigate WEO staffing turnover at the project level
- Able to get the most out of all team members and seeks opportunities to build team morale.
- Work with Superintendent(s) as necessary to make a schedule “course corrections” to ensure the project completes on time
- Works with Estimating to ensure there is a smooth handoff between Estimating & Operations at the start of the project.
- Maintains relationships with Design Team Leads on the project and makes a point to be proactive in Business Development.
- Ensures that a project-wide QA/QC plan is in place and being followed. Able to get involved and provide meaningful input on Quality.
- Understands that the Schedule is WEO's biggest risk on the project. Able to review and provide meaningful input on the Project Schedule. Ensures Schedule updates are published weekly & monthly.
- Responsible for holding Procurement meetings so that all materials arrive on time in alignment with the Project Schedule.
- Able to negotiate, defend, and prepare 75% of any potential project claims. Aware of problematic Subcontractors and handles them accordingly.
- Provide the leadership, management, and training to ensure all WEO project team members contribute to the successful delivery of the project
- Accountability for the work product of the APM's, PE's, and Interns.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment at the project Jobsite
- Prioritizes the relationship with the Lead Superintendent and specifically supports the field.
- Maintains relationships with Subcontractor PMs. Works well with "good" subcontractors and manages unhealthy Subcontractor relationships accordingly.
- Direct point of contact with Owner's Representative. Build trust with the project owner and ensure WEO "gets the next job".
- Able to handle Principal’s meetings, subcontractor defaults, supplement, replacement.
- Keeps Business development and networking in mind on all fronts throughout the course of the project.
- Exhibits strong Self Awareness in all Situations.
- Shores up weaknesses with self-improvement.
- Prioritizes the development of both management and people skills.
- Show alignment with and promotes WEO Corporate Values
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders, and negotiate work areas under construction. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, sit, talk, and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
- These are considered the core responsibilities of the position. Employees are encouraged to reach beyond their current responsibilities to foster professional growth, but only as they can remain accountable for their core responsibilities.
Four-year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience in a related field and a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant project management experience, as an Assistant Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Assistant Project Manager or equivalent
Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Word, Outlook, etc.)
Advanced understanding of scheduling, CMiC, and Excel applications
Advanced understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, construction documents, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement
Advanced proficiency in P6 and CMiC applications
Demonstrated ability to lead and manage
Demonstrated understanding of the importance of relationship-building
Effective oral and written communication skills
Well-developed and proven negotiation skills
Well-developed time management and organization skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Project or P6 Scheduling Software and Project Management Software, such as Prolog, Viewpoint, CMiC, or equivalent applications. With experience, using daily software tools, such as Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Safety Mojo, BIM 360 Glue, etc.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various construction delivery methods, various market sectors, the construction administration process, building trades, technical aspects of construction including means and methods, materials, building systems, planning, scheduling, estimating, owner, and architect relations
Completion of OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course
First Aid and CPR certified
How to Apply
For information on W.E. O’Neil Construction Company and our company culture, visit our website at www.weoneil.com.
W.E. O’Neil Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
W.E. O'Neil Construction
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?