The Project Manager coordinates all preconstruction and construction activities throughout the project and is the main point of contact between O'Neil and the Owner and Architect. The Project Manager is responsible for total on-site management of the project and supervision of the field staff and is responsible for the financial management of projects. The Project Manager is the main link between O'Neil field operations and upper management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in bid/budget preparation.
• Negotiate, award, and write subcontracts.
• Lead the project team in creating and monitoring the project CPM schedule.
• Monitor cost reporting system to assess project profitability at all times.
• Initiate and oversee the preparation of monthly payment applications.
• Monitor the project change order process.
• Manage the relationship with the Owner and the design team.
• Ensure safety and quality control programs are adhered to.
• Oversee and manage all project staff.
• Negotiate final acceptance of project by Owner and close-out of all subcontracts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Building Operations – has a range of experience in field operations and construction means and methods, including project scheduling, management systems, and project closeout.
• Estimating – can participate in developing bid strategy, and GMP development. Can develop sub-bid packages, negotiate, and award subcontracts.
• Staff Management – actively manages and develops the project staff by setting goals and priorities for the team and holding them accountable. Coaches staff members and aids in their career development.
• Client Relationships – establishes positive relationships with clients.
• Business Development – participates in presentations and sales calls; seeks project opportunities from past and current clients.
• Financial Understanding – understands project cost reporting systems and can use them to accurately communicate the financial status of a project.
Individuals should have a minimum of 8 years of experience in the industry, with at least 3 as a project manager. Experience should preferably be in large (>$20 million) negotiated projects in commercial, educational, healthcare, or institutional market segments. Experience with self-performed work, primarily concrete, is also desirable, but not necessary.
College degree is required, preferably in construction management or a related field.
Founded in 1925 in Chicago by the O'Neil family, W.E. O'Neil Construction has grown to a $1 billion per year construction contractor with offices in Chicago, Arizona, California, Colorado, Tennessee and Texas. A fourth-generation family and employee-owned company, our longevity can be attributed to our excellent staff of professionals, our integrity, our commitment to customer satisfaction, and our ability to embrace technology. With a combination of the financial strength of a large national contractor and the responsiveness of a small company, we bring the best of both worlds to our clients. Our experience covers virtually every commercial market sector as well as multi-family housing using a broad range of project delivery methods including design-build, design-assist, construction management at risk, and lump sum bid. Project sizes range from small remodels and tenant improvements to projects over 1,000,000 square feet.
W. E. O'Neil Construction Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
W.E. O'Neil ConstructionBrentwood, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.