- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Name: W.E. O’Neil Construction Company of Colorado
Title of Position: Project Engineer – (PE1)
Scope: The primary function of the Project Engineer is to assist the project team in the administration and management of many of the activities, which are associated with the construction project.
FLSA Status Full-Time (Salary-Exempt)
Salary Range: $54,000 – 79,200
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or other assigned supervisors(s)
Benefits include Health Insurance, Medical & Wellness Reimbursement, Vacation & Sick Time, Life Insurance, 401k, ESOP.
Location: Denver, Colorado
-Colorado TOP 400 CONTRACTOR, ENGINEERING NEWS RECORD (ENR), 2019
-Colorado General Building TOP 400 CONTRACTOR, ENGINEERING NEWS RECORD (ENR), 2019
-Colorado TOP 25 - 2020 Front-Range General Contractors, Denver Business Journal
- Are you searching for a construction company that values teamwork?
- Are you someone who would be dedicated to the company's core values of integrity, teamwork, and excellence?
- Would you like the opportunity to constantly learn, thrive, and be challenged to grow on each new construction project?
- Would you like to be part of a company where your work is respected, and your contributions appreciated?
- If you are ready to bring your “A” game, keep reading…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare the initial setup of CMiC, i.e., Submittal Log Registry, RFI numbering system, etc.
- Prepare and maintain Submittal Logs
- Assist the project team with the initial set up of PlanGrid to organize the contract documents for the teams use
- Manage, set up, and oversee progress photo documentation via utilizing PlanGrid
- Prepare and maintain RFI Logs in CMiC
- Post RFI’s and maintain the accuracy of the projects as-builts within a timely manner
- Manage and maintain the Material Procurement Log
- Interact with Field Superintendent(s), Field Foreman, Subcontractor Project Managers, and Material Suppliers / Vendors to ensure timely material deliveries to the site
- Oversee the contract close-out process (O&M manuals, As-Builts, etc.)
- Closeout - starts process early and ensures timely turnover of all training sessions and documents to Owner.
- Meeting Minutes - Accurately records and publishes relevant info. Diligently follow-up on action items.
- Participate in all PE training, including PE Boot Camps and PE Round Tables
- Assist the Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager in obtaining costs from subcontractors for any extra work performed on the project
- Log costs properly in CMiC, so the Subcontractor Tracking Log may be utilized
- Ensure the timely delivery to the Jobsite of all project equipment and materials (procurement)
- Submittals - maintain accurate log; ensures accuracy to contract, timely submission, and expedient approval
- Coordinate with the Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager on the date subcontracts must be awarded to maintain the desired material on-site dates, per the CPM schedule
- Manage the entire submittal process with the subcontractors and design team
- Organizes procurement meetings (as necessary) to communicate procurement and hot-button issues that could impact the schedule.
- Ensure that the project team is aware of the storage location of all approved Submittals
- PlanGrid / Document Log - Maintains accurate database; accurately records red-line markups.
- Contract Documents - understands trade scope; as well as the role of RFI and Submittals within the Contract Documents.
- RFI's - Writes clear and concise RFI's. Follows up for speedy resolution.
- Find conflicts in the contract documents and issue a “Request for Information” (RFI) to the appropriate party/parties
- Field (identify and resolve) - coordinates with subs and is able to prevent and/or resolve issues with some input from superintendents and project managers.
- Track outstanding RFIs and expedite return responses to all subcontractors. Elevate critical issues to the APM / PM in a timely manner
- Assists in creating and implementing a Site Specific Quality Plan (SSQP)Work with the Project Superintendent(s) to schedule all pre- installation meetings
- BIM (meetings, schedule) - if applicable, schedules BIM meetings and verifies coordination is implemented in the field
- Document and take meeting minutes for weekly BIM coordination meetings
- Closeout (Owner training) - schedules and coordinates training between subcontractors and owner; starts closeout process early to ensure timely completion
- Manages the life-cycle of the punch list process. Establishing a program, managing the pre-punch and punch process, ensuring quick acceptance by the O/A
- Participate in initial and/or acceptance walks with the Architect / Owner, as needed
- Show alignment with and promotes WEO Corporate Values
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders, and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
These are considered the core responsibilities of the position. Employees are encouraged to reach beyond their current responsibilities in an effort to foster professional growth, but only as they are able to remain accountable for their core responsibilities.
Four-year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience in a related field
Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
Basic understanding of scheduling and CMiC applications
Understanding of basic construction administration processes, including construction documents, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement
Effective oral and written communication skills
Understanding of basic daily software tools, such as Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Safety Mojo, BIM 360 Glue, etc.
Basic time management and organization skills
Completion of OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course
First Aid and CPR certified
How to Apply
For information on W.E. O’Neil Construction Company and our company culture, visit our website at www.weoneil.com.
W.E. O’Neil Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
W.E. O'Neil Construction
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at W.E. O'Neil Construction