Project Engineer Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• Looking for an internship that will challenge you, and offer an upward learning curve for your future construction management career?
• Are you searching for a construction company that values team work?
• Would you like to be part of a company where your work is respected, and your contributions appreciated?
On your resume, under “Education”, please indicate your graduation date, (e.g. Spring 2019, Fall 2019, etc.)
As a summer intern with W.E. O’Neil, you will be entrusted to act as a full-time, project engineer for the duration of your full-time, 12-week, internship.
W.E. O’Neil interns are typically assigned to one project, are located at the main office or jobsite, and are managed by the project manager with a significant amount of oversight.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Review and process shop drawings and submittals to ensure conformance with schedule, design drawings, and specifications.
• Assists project manager in creating the submittal schedule for the project. Maintains this schedule in project management control program (CMIC).
• Assist in preparation and updating of project schedule. Compare submittal schedule with material lead times on construction schedule to maintain project installation dates.
• Write Requests for Information (RFI) in project management control program (CMIC), while helping resolve design conflicts with ideas to design consultants. Processes RFIs and maintains RFI log.
• Maintain change proposal and change order log and assist project manager in preparing and processing change orders. Assist Project Manager in issuing change orders to subcontractors after written approval received from Owner.
• Assist in organizing jobsite meetings for Project Manager; record and distribute minutes of meetings.
• Assist in preparation of list of long lead materials required to construct the project as requested by the Project Superintendent and for approval by the Project Manager. Help superintendent incorporate this list into the project schedule.
• Assist the project team in maintaining on-site as-builts by posting them on Plan Grid.
• Assist in preparation of close-out documentation including as-builts, warranties, test reports, samples, and operation and maintenance manuals.
• Prepare written punch list for the project and distribute to all subcontractors with date of item completion.
• Assists project manager in obtaining permits at governing jurisdictions.
• Assist project manager in obtaining the final certificate of occupancy for projects.
• Uses Bluebeam as a tool to demonstrate document discrepancies and attaches as back up to RFIs.
Current enrollment in Bachelor of Science Construction Management or Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering, or complimentary Engineering Program.
About W. E. O’Neil
W.E. O'Neil Construction is a 90-year old general contracting firm employing the best people to work with the best customers in the industry. We have established a position of leadership in our industry because of the talents of our people, strong experience, and an excellent reputation. We are part of O'Neil Industries, a national firm ranked in the ENR top 125 General Contracting companies nationally. We are based in Chicago, and have offices in Denver, Southern California (Los Angeles area), Nashville, Phoenix, and Tucson.
W.E. O'Neil Construction
AddressColorado Springs, CO
EngineeringView all jobs at W.E. O'Neil Construction