- Expired: December 04, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that all traffic control services provided to the client, is reliable and on-time, trained and safe to ensure a well-organized operation.
This position will oversee the entire office including the Office Administrator, Traffic Controllers and Schedulers. The Operations Manager will be expected to complete new hire process, new hire orientations and all trainings.
The Operations Manager reports to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Complete written reports as required on vehicular deficiencies, accidents, incidents, complaints, employee injuries, and other issues as may be required from time to time.
- Oversee an office staff up to 150 people with up to 20 direct reports
- Visit clients within a 75 mile radius from office location on a daily basis
- Time spent working will be 50% in the office and 50% in the field
- Have a general knowledge of the job's underneath of you
- Safety meetings, document personnel issues, and maintain a positive high morale and foster teamwork.
- Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to Traffic Control.
- Be able to generate Daily Reports in various formats
- Build relations with current customers
- Send new customers to our New Business Development staff
- Meet with Forman
- Conduct weekly meetings with Field Supervisors and rank flaggers
- Coordinate safety meetings and required trainings
- Responsible for hiring and Terminating employees, after verifying with supervisor and HR
- Oversee all purchases for the office
- Maintain proper inventory for operations in the field
- Maintain and account for vehicles and equipment at the office
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Ability to respond and assist after or before business hours
- Must be able to work various shifts as required.
- Proactive, well organized and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Complete ATSSA, TCT, TCS, and Defensive Driver classes within 6 months of hire.
- Complete monthly trainings distributed from corporate.
- Advanced computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work well with senior management
- Experience in managing a team of employees
- College degree preferred, will consider a mix of education, prior experience and military training in lieu of college degree.
- Preferred experience of at least 1 year in Operations, Management, and Construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a thorough knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Must be able to pass a Drug Test
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Valid Driver's License and must maintain a clean driving record.
W.D. Wright Contracting Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at W.D. Wright Contracting Inc.