Requisition ID: 5201
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
We are seeking an Process Safety Engineer to work at our Curtis Bay, MD plant who will report to our Occupational & Process Safety Manager.This personwill be responsible for the following activities:
- Executing the Process Safety programs in a process facility subject to OSHA 29CFR1910.119. Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals, and EPA Risk Management Plan 40CFR Part 68 Chemical Accident Prevention Provisions, and/or any facility where process safety discipline is warranted under General Duty Clauses
- Facilitates Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), incorporating industry best-practice methodologies, and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) studies. Per industry best practices, refines process hazard analysis methodology and tools to ensure PHA's are conducted efficiently and effectively
- Maintains and updates RMP plan as required by 40CFR Part68and access for EHSS department to Process Safety procedures and records by Business Area within SharePoint Document Management System (DMS), or other system as applicable; administer select training curriculum, as identified by EHSS management team
- Under guidance and direction of EHSS management team, maintains action tracking and KPI development for reporting, tracking and implementation of mitigation plans for risk reduction; and recommends engineering controls as solutions to PHAs, RCAs or other projected as requested, and conducts internal Process Safety or other EHSS, Facilities, or Risk audits for continuous improvement. Develop update audit protocols as needed
- Tracks emerging developments in Human Factors, and becomes a subject matter expert in employment of human factors concepts to decrease process risks. Conducts human staffing hazard assessments as requested
- Monitors the Management of Change (MOC) and Pre-Start Safety Review (PSSR) processes for Curtis Bay for regulatory compliance and adherence to corporate expectations.
- Other duties/assignments, as requested
- Subject matter expertise in application of HAZOP/What-If, Root Cause, FMEA, Event Tree, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- High level of personal motivation, with a drive for ownership and accountability in performance of job responsibilities.
- Leadership of teams in a manner that encourages collaboration, focus, and energy.
- Develop training content and protocols for the EHSS team
- Provides consultation to technical resources according to Curtis Bay Business Area to assure the evergreen availability of all Process Safety Information, as defined in OSHA 29CFR1910.119
- B.S.in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7years of chemical industry experience, with supervisory and leadership experience.
- Ability to deliver relevant information in an enthusiastic, clear, concise and accurate way to promote individual and team commitment. Possess superior technical writing skills, and interpersonal skills.Conducts Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) – including cause charting and summary reports - using Apollo/Sologic methodology or similar, per Curtis Bay protocol.
- In-depth knowledge of (14) OSHA PSM elements, and (20) CCPS Process Safety elements is required, with direct experience in application.
- Within the limits of authority, assurance that decision-making processes are based on valid and current information with a scope that is as complete as possible. Ability to deliver and communicate assumptions for decisions with objectivity, and assure regulatory compliance, including environmental, occupational and process safety, and a safe workplace for all employees. Address hazards, deviations, and injuries in a timely manner.
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.
EOE Statement: W. R. Grace & Co. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation.