Are you an experienced Software Engineer? Would you like to work with a multiple disciplinary team of engineers and scientists developing, deploying and supporting software for control solutions used to help unravel the mysteries of the universe?
If you answered yes, we want to know you!
W. M. Keck Observatory (WMKO) operates two 10-meter optical/infrared telescopes and an associated suite of advanced instrumentation. These telescopes have been extremely productive scientifically and have allowed the WMKO science community to play a leading role in understanding the universe from our solar system, to exoplanets, black holes, the earliest galaxies, and dark matter and energy.
The Software Engineer is responsible for a variety of duties related to developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software for control solutions used at the observatory as well as integrating and maintaining software for science instruments.
All qualified applicants, including women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant engineering or science field.
- Experience in development and maintenance of distributed control systems for engineering or scientific applications.
- Hands-on experience with real-time or near real-time control systems.
- Direct experience implementing and maintaining complex automation controls (such as device control, motion control and sequence control) in a scientific or industrial setting.
Desired Qualifications, but not required
- Strong math skills with a demonstrated ability to apply it for control applications.
- Experience programming in distributed control frameworks such as EPICS.
- Experience in adaptive optics systems
To see the full job description, go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jobs
Apply to join a skilled and deeply committed team of professionals who enable exciting and important astronomical discoveries. Submit a cover letter and resume telling us how your background and passion relate to the position. Go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jobs
Read about us, our science and our mission, go to: www.keckobservatory.org. To see a video about Keck go to: https://vimeo.com/90063671
Keck Observatory offers a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits bundle including a 403(b) plan; a highly regarded tuition assistance program for dependent children (K-12 grade); and an unmatched focus of excellence.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
W. M. Keck Observatory