CAD Lead/Administrator (SolidWorks)
W. M. Keck Observatory Waimea, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Are you a CAD professional with a focus on SolidWorks? Do you enjoy developing and implementing standards and tools? If you said yes, we want to hear from you!
Provide overall management of the observatory CAD data and standards, PDM system, engineering data configuration control, and dwg release process. Develop and implement standards and tools to foster and balance consistency, quality, and efficiency across the engineering design cycle environment.
Your role includes
· Develop, author, and maintain:
a) CAD modeling and design standards
b) Engineering data configuration control standards
c) Model Check, Drawing Check, and Drawing Release processes
· Administrator of PDM (Product Data Management) System
a) Maintain health of the CAD and PDM environment
b) Perform data quality checks, coordinate with owners on error-correction, and purge obsolete data
c) Assign and approve privileges
d) Develop and maintain life cycle workflows, templates, part numbering system, folder structures, standard parts libraries
· Train staff on CAD modeling, Dwg generation, and configuration management best practices and standards
· Provide CAD modeling check and drawing check reviews in accordance to ASME Y14.100 and Y14.5
· Design and analysis of mechanical and opto-mechanical systems and components using 3D computer aided design (CAD) and finite element analysis (FEA)
All qualified applicants, including women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for all open positions at W. M. Keck Observatory.
What you bring
· Five (5) years’ experience in SolidWorks modeling and Assembly management
· Two (2) years’ experience as a CAD PDM (Product Data Management)
· Experience as CAD administrator
· Expertise in CAD data configuration management, large assembly management, and Drawing Release life cycles
· Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) per ASME Y14.5
· Proficiency in Component and Assembly drawing generation to ASME Y14.100
Apply to join a skilled and deeply committed team of professionals who enable exciting and important astronomical discoveries. Submit a cover letter and resume, tell us how your background and passion relate to the position. For more information, go to https://keckobservatory.applicantpro.com/jobs/
The W. M. Keck Observatory (WMKO) operates two 10-meter optical/infrared telescopes. These telescopes have been extremely productive scientifically and have allowed the WMKO science community to play a leading role in understanding the universe from our solar system, to exoplanets, black holes, the earliest galaxies, and dark matter and energy.
Read about us, our science and our mission, go to: www.keckobservatory.org. To see a video about Keck go to: https://vimeo.com/90063671
Keck Observatory offers a robust rewards package which includes a competitive salary; a broad benefits bundle including a 403(b) plan; a highly regarded tuition assistance program for dependent children (K-12 grade); and an unmatched focus of excellence.
WMKO is a private 501(c) 3 non-profit organization and in a scientific partnership of the California Institute of Technology, the University of California and NASA.
W. M. Keck Observatory
The observatory operates two of the largest, most scientifically productive optical/infrared telescopes in the world. The twin 10-meter telescopes are located at one of the premier sites for astronomy, set amidst several other world class observatories at the 14,000 foot summit of Mauna Kea, on the spectacular Big Island of Hawaii. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a highly skilled, innovative and deeply committed team of professionals who excel at enabling the most exciting and important astronomical discoveries in the world. WMKO is a private 501(c) 3 non-profit organization and in a scientific partnership of the California Institute of Technology, the University of California and NASA.
ManufacturingView all jobs at W. M. Keck Observatory