Technician - Temple, TX
- Expired: March 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Position
W-S Industrial Services, a subsidiary of W-S Companies, is seeking a Technician who will perform work in various service lines such as hydro blasting, air/wet vacuum truck work, tank cleaning, grit/media, or hydro excavation.
Why work for W-S Companies?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority 24/7/365!!
- Competitive wages - the salary range for this position is $20.00 to $23.00 per hour based on experience
- Paid time off, comprehensive health benefits coverage after 60 days of full-time employment
- 401(k) after the eligibility period with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development in your career
- Positive and safe work environments
- This is a 100% travel job; travel is provided in company vehicles
- Provides helper functions as directed for all services. These services include but are not limited to hydro blasting, hydro excavating, grit blasting, vacuum truck work, tank cleaning, and other work assignments. Performs work with a positive attitude and in a professional, safe manner.
- Loads hoses and other equipment required for an assigned job onto the truck. (Necessary materials to be designated by supervisor).
- When directed by the supervisor, hooks up and break down hoses using proper tools, gaskets, and Teflon tape.
- Cleans up work area and equipment after work is completed. Assists in maintaining a safe, clean workplace, restroom, and customer plant.
- Before starting any job, assist in inspecting equipment, hoses, connections, pumps, and general work area. Informs supervisor of deficiencies, which may cause accidents, injuries, or lost productivity.
- Reports to work on scheduled time. If unable to show up for assigned work, notify the supervisor no less than two (2) hours before the scheduled time.
- Wears personnel protective equipment prescribed by posted signs, written instructions, and work permits.
- Promotes safety through own actions and work habits. Reports all accidents and near misses involving self, company vehicles, or other job personnel to the supervisor immediately.
- Performs Hazard Recognition Awareness to remove all hazards from the workplace.
- Complies with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and customer.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor and management personnel.
- Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment utilized to perform assigned duties.
What does it take to work for W-S Companies?
- Minimum two years experience in hydro blasting, vacuum truck work, tank cleaning, hydro excavation, or grit/media blasting services
- Must be able to travel 100%
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work any shift along with weekends
- Must have acceptable ID, pass a background check, physical, and drug test
- Possession of a TWIC card is a plus but not necessary
- Understand verbal and written instructions
- Basic math and safety skills
- Ability to lift, push or pull objects up to 50 Ibs. on occasion
- May reach above shoulder height and below the waist frequently
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on occasion
- Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects frequently
- Will climb and move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas while maintaining balance
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions
- These responsibilities are subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned
About W-S Companies
Founded in 1993, is one of the US's largest privately held, veteran-owned, and operated industrial services companies. As a leader in industrial cleaning and maintenance, mechanical services, and specialty services, we are a client-centric organization with employees committed to safety, integrity, and accountability. W-S Companies serves a diverse client base, including power, food and beverage, refining, utilities, chemical, manufacturing, pulp and paper, municipal, upstream, and downstream. We offer an excellent safety program, career development plans, commitment to customer service, and deep industry expertise.
W-S Companies is committed to safety, people, service, and performance. We are committed to creating a culture where W-S is the employer of choice by empowering our employees to succeed.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Industrial Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.