Data Analyst (Livestock)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Data Analyst (Livestock)
Reporting to: VP Vytelle SENSE & Vytelle INSIGHT
Direct Reports: None
Location: North America, Kansas MO, Calgary, AB. Remote but available for occasional in-person
Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000 CAD (commensurate with experience)
We are a global precision livestock company reshaping how cattle producers worldwide unlock animal performance. Our portfolio includes world class Bovine phenotypic and genotypic data capture systems via Vytelle SENSE and Vytelle INSIGHT which enables producers to accurately select desired traits to continually produce elite progeny, coupled with Vytelle ADVANCE In Vitro Fertilization Service, which enhances the speed at which genetic improvement can be made.
The data analyst provides end of trial analytical reports and trial support for our customers through telephone, email, and remote computer access in accordance with Vytelle's Data Analytics program. This role is moderately customer facing, requiring strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills. You will support our customers and work closely with our technical support representatives and data analysts to ensure our customers' satisfaction.
- Develop customer trial reports summarizing animal performance
- Provide analytics software service and support via phone and email
- Utilize software analytics tools and techniques to process animal data
- Assisting with the design and development of new software tools
- Hardware support and customer site visits (potential) as directed by Engineering Team
- Lead change through continual improvement initiatives
- Foster a positive work environment through collaboration and teamwork
- Track time, costs, and resources against projects
- Be conversant in Vytelle data analytics; understand the outcome of what the hardware and software provide customers
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Vytelle system data, processes, and analyses
- Develop, maintain, and document data analytics products and techniques
- Provide feedback to engineering on improving tools and processes
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with Microsoft Access and MySQL databases and queries
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly skilled communicator and relationship-builder
- Interpret animal data relevant to animal health outcomes
- Ability to travel and represent the company at related events
- Ability to identify/understand project needs and manage expectations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Livestock knowledge and experience highly recommended
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Science, Analytics, Agriculture or a combination of related education and experience
- Previous data analysis experience is required
- Experience with R, VBA, Python an asset
Role Model Behaviors - Engage, enable empower and act on: Vytelle’s Core Values
Leadership: Inspire and serve and seek the best in each other
Endurance: Pacesetter, takes action and realizes results
Pioneer: Infinitely curious, catalyst and listens for ideas
Love: Contagious passion for customers and our purpose
Ability to adopt and adhere to Vytelle’s Foundation: The Common Thread of Integrity, Respect and Trust
In addition to:
Teamwork: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Company. Set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the Company’s effectiveness.
Team Member Orientation: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of team members to meet or exceed their expectations.
Direction and Decision making: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interests of the Company. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions are timely and in the best interests of the Company.
Get fresh Engineering Change Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.