Vydia (vydia.com) is a fast growing, Inc. 500 technology company that has built a premiere platform for the exploding video content industry. Our solutions empower music creators to easily distribute, manage, and optimize their video and audio content through one centralized platform. The company is viewed as one of the leaders in the space as evidenced by strategic partnerships and integrations with Vevo, YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, Dailymotion and several more. The vision of the company is to disrupt the entertainment industry through automation, data, and artificial intelligence that helps both creators and the next generation of music distribution. Vydia is constantly evolving and has attracted more than 200,000 musicians, influencers, and brands worldwide. The company has recently completed Series A financing, poising it to continue the exponential growth it has achieved since its inception.
Vydia is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Applications Developer, working in our product engineering department to expand and improve our platform. After completing a series of rigorous technical screening activities, the Applications Developer will work to build creative tools and collaborate with the senior software engineers who helped build our platform. They will be responsible for developing specifications for complex software programming applications while modifying and maintaining the existing software.
Your hard work in our facility here in Holmdel, NJ will have a direct impact on the growth of our company and clients. Our Creator User base of over 200,000 musicians, pod-casters, producers, talent agencies and record labels large and small will rely on you to help maximize their audience and manage their revenue.
- You will collaborate with our Product and Project Management teams to design & deliver new product features that meet our users’ needs
- Contribute to architecture, instrumentation, and performance decisions
- Keep your hands dirty - write code, fix bugs, participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning
- Coach your junior software developer teammates on software development standard methodologies
- Participate in on-call coverage; you will help keep the Vydia platform running 24/7 and deliver a robust service to our Creator users
- Develop and implement algorithms to support user, partner, admin and financial workflows
- Integrate and write code to communicate with third-party APIs, and develop the backend to support client-facing website interactions
- Identify and integrate developer tools, curate the portfolio of technical resources used by the engineering departments
- A non-negotiable requirement of the role is that you are able to complete multiple technical screenings that involve the hands-on scripting of complex algorithms and database schema and queries
- Nice to Know: React, React native, Ruby/Rails, GraphQL, apollo
- Familiarity with iOS or Android application development
- 5+ years’ experience as software developer building products for web and/or backend
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant technical disciplines, and/or strong community contributions
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Team breakfast every Monday and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks
- An on-site gym facility and team yoga on Thursdays
- Open, creative workspace located inside the historic site of NJ innovation, Bell Works
- Leadership identified as the 2017 Tech Innovator of the year and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.