At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.IS075 - IT Business AnalystACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT
The primary function of the role is applying analytical knowledge and research skills, as an exempt-level individual contributor, to formally gather and document business requirements. Incumbents will analyze data and document their results and recommendations in order to solve problems, provide information needed to make business decisions and make recommendations for continuous improvement. Incumbents will provide project leadership through the business requirements phase of the software development lifecycle, coordinate testing and change control and implementation support for all supported applications.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus - Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
- Connect - Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand - Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
- Counsel - Recommend solutions based on your clients or member's needs and objectives.
- Advance - Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
- The IT business analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements documentation. The candidate is a liaison between the business teams and the Information Technology department.
- Leads and or participates in cross-functional task forces to identify current and future: work flow, business impact assessments, business process improvements, data definitions, information sources and distribution paths for business processes.
- Conducts or provides input to business process analysis, needs assessment and cost-benefit analysis studies. Develops and documents comprehensive business cases and benefit dimensions of proposed projects/work requests for scope decisions.
- Facilitates discussions between business teams and technical resources to review business needs, requirements, and alternative solutions.
- Leads and/or participates on a team of business subject matter experts to evaluate the design against the requirements. Writes or assists with writing test conditions, scripts, and/or scenarios. Participates in testing. Collaborates with IT and business teams to ensure that functional requirements are reviewed, addressed and operational in all deliverables before implementation.
- Support project initiatives, including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, budget considerations, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, and getting business team sign-off.
- Documents functional requirements that capture business needs and process scenarios. Reviews business functional requirements with IT staff/business teams.
- Research, analyze, synchronize, maintain, modify, interpret, validate and prepare data, information and content used in making business decisions. Develop tools and systems to manage this information (i.e. process maps, workflows, etc.).
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of solutions, policies, practices and processes to ensure continuous improvement, good business relations, compliance and adherence to business and system requirements. Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver high quality, value-added services.
- Produce, edit and distribute a variety of business documents such as reports, proposals, technical manuals, policies, system and process documentation, etc.
- Create, present and/or facilitate meetings, webinars, conference calls, training programs, education sessions, certifications, etc. for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Participate on or lead larger, more complex departmental and/or vendor projects. Plan, organize, monitor and control projects to ensure the effective use of resources and adherence to project management standards and reporting requirements.
- May mentor and coach less experienced coworkers on the technical and interpersonal skills needed for effective job performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
5 or more years of progressive work experience designing moderate to complex business processes, process mapping, working on large-scale process improvement initiatives and business system design.
Possess broad, in-depth working knowledge of various business components and understand dependencies and linkages of major business processes, products, systems, networks, etc.
Strong knowledge of business systems and processes in the financial industries
Strong understanding of Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) Methodology and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology
Experience working with MS Suite products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience forecasting/estimating and developing business solutions plans
Demonstrated testing experience is a plus, but not necessarily required of business analyst position is a plus
Project management experience or certification is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge with Microsoft Outlook, standard MS Office software (including MS Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint-Office 2007 and above preferred), Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project and/or project management software, and desktop operating systems. Candidates should also be familiar with the capabilities of standard application software development, and database(s) such as MS SQL.
EDUCATIONPosition requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other Information Systems related degree in a technical field and a minimum of 5+ years' experience in business requirements, process/application design, or providing support on software development teams.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.