Program Manager for Titanium Implants
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VulcanForms builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure enabling the world’s critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. Founded in 2015, VulcanForms invented and commercialized the world’s first industrially scalable laser metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution and pioneered integrated digital production systems. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms Inc. seeks a Program Manager for Titanium Implants for our Burlington, MA location.
As the Program Manager for Titanium Implants at VulcanForms Inc., Devens, MA, Production facility, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the part qualification campaign for Ti-6Al-4V medical-grade implantable components. VulcanForms Inc. is a manufacturer of complex, high value engineered components in serial production at the world's most powerful additive foundry.
This position is responsible for coordinating the overall qualification of our Laser Powder Bed Fusion (L-PBF) printers and the associated parts produced on them.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of subject matter experts dedicated to meeting implant production requirements for a strategic medical customer. The team will consist of Operations Production support staff, Materials Engineers, Product Engineers, and Process Engineering staff. Frequent interaction with the customer is expected, including occasional meetings at customer locations, both domestic and international.
Considering expectations are familiarity and knowledge in qualifying medical-grade, Ti-based implants, leading technical teams, and leading and conducting materials testing campaigns that characterize metallic materials' mechanical and metallurgical properties. Individuals with extensive experience qualifying the conventionally processed or additively manufactured parts for the medical or aerospace propulsion industries would be directly applicable to this role.
This opportunity is a significant leadership position within the company that reports directly to the Vice President of Applications Engineering.
- Coordinate metal additive part qualification of Ti-6Al-4V medical-grade implantable components
- Qualifying our Laser Powder Bed Fusion (L-PBF) printers and the associated parts produced on them
- Manage a team of subject matter experts dedicated to meeting implant production requirements.
- Interact with customers as needed, including occasional meetings at customer locations.
- Develop a qualification strategy that meets/exceeds program deliverables established in the qualification statement of work
- An Engineering degree
- Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating technical programs
- Shown experience qualifying aerospace, power generation, or medical-grade parts
- Knowledge of conventional manufacturing processes (e.g., casting, forging, heat-treating)
- Experience in the medical implant industry
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- Extensive experience qualifying medical-grade implants for production manufacture
- Experience with ISO 13485
- Experience in metal Additive Manufacturing
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- VulcanForms Inc. is a registered ITAR company. To conform to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays
- 401(k) with company match and stock options
BusinessView all jobs at VulcanForms