Vu Enterprise, Inc is seeking a self-motivated and willing to learn candidate for this position. Computer skills are a must and steel buying experience is preferred, but not required. If you are interested, please apply today!
· The Material Buyer is responsible for the supply of supplies and raw materials to the production line and performs or assists with inspections of materials and associated documents.
- Prepare request for quotes, purchase orders and purchase order change notices.
- Supplies can sometimes include tooling and all other items used in production other than equipment.
- Manage and supply certifications for materials prior, or as needed, to their use in production.
- Negotiate contracts and comply with company cost controls and other relevant policies.
- Continually evaluate supply channels and vendors to increase value and reduce production costs.
- Check with material vendors to get updates on job statuses and to keep supply chain moving.
- Monitor inventory and storage of raw materials for manufacturing and communicate shortages and delayed materials to relevant parties.
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Retrieve, enter and maintain information into enterprise resource program.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Preferred Experience: 3+ years in a machine shop environment; purchasing experience; forklift experience and certification; ability to use a tape measure, calipers and other measuring devices. Knowledge and experience with overhead cranes. Experience with Microsoft Office and JobBoss; organizational project experience; ISO 9000 experience; knowledge of blueprints and drawings; familiarity with a machine shops needs for tooling and equipment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Operating – Uses conceptual and technical experience and skills to perform daily machining and set up activities; focuses on the job and exhibits a high attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Required: Must be conversational in English. Preferred: Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Vietnamese.
- Required to able to bend, lift, climb, sit, stand and walk for extended periods.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Required to reach with hands and arms.
- Often required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 50 pounds)
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Depending on the weather, climate controlled room.