Release Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Release Manager for the DFE:
- Facilitates release planning and status meetings to slot defect fixes and enhancements into upcoming releases; monitors progress of all items pending release and coordinates with development resources for any cross functional dependencies
- Leads maintenance release preparation activities, coordinates with technical resources and other IT managers and project teams to successfully manage to implementation timelines.
- Work with QA team to prepare and publish release notes which report out on the success of each release, including number of items expected, number of items delivered, reasons for why any items were not delivered. Coordinate lessons learned meetings to improve the release planning process.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for release management support including emergency patches/fixes and determines the impact of the scheduled release.
Expert Project Management knowledge and skills including:
- Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Confident and skilled at navigating the team through roadblocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
- MS Project, Primavera, etc., project management tools. Change management strategies and principles
- Understanding of project planning principles such as timing, cost and the implications of project cost overruns
- Ability to develop strategies for optimal resource utilization
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in vendor management skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in project management, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting or project accounting including cost management systems to support project budget, forecast, and spend required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required
- 2+ years of experience at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies preferred.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Vsoft Consulting