- Expired: June 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Voyant is creating a new category of LiDAR sensor for machine perception. Founded by top scientists with more than a decade of research in silicon photonics, Voyant fabricates sophisticated optical systems optimized for FMCW LiDAR using low cost semiconductor chips. Voyant’s compact, active sensing solutions will revolutionize machine perception for transportation, robotics, and monitoring application.
Interested in a career at a young and venture-backed startup making real products out of cutting edge research in silicon photonics? Come join us! We are based in the heart of New York City.
As Mechanical Engineer you will be working with and across the component teams to define and implement the next generation FMCW LiDAR devices. This role requires an understanding of design for manufacture, mechanical and thermal packaging design, high-precision automated assembly, and defining build processes to scale from prototype to high volume production runs.
What you will do:
- Lead the design of box build and optical assembly for our LIDAR system
- Analyze thermal loads and heat transfer and design a system that heatsinks photonic integrated circuits, laser sources, and electronics
- Work alongside optical engineers to design assembly automation for high-precision alignment and adhesive attach of lens systems
- Devise processes for volume assembly and work with manufacturing team members to implement those processes
- Drive reliability, performance, and yield improvement projects
- Drive design for volume manufacturability
- Experience with high-precision mechanical design, CAD, and tolerance analysis
- Experience with thermal design and modeling, preferably including FEA
- Familiarity with automated assembly processes, high-precision alignment, and adhesive dispense and cure
- Understanding of design requirements for manufacturing processes including CNC machining and die casting
- Knowledge of product reliability and qualification testing. HALT testing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience bringing products to market from R&D prototype to high volume manufacture
AddressNew York, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Voyant Photonics