Project Manager, Consultant with VA/VHA Experience
- Expired: August 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our consultancy is looking for highly motivated and talented Project Managers. We are looking for peak performers who have a passion for business, a joy in solving problems and a work ethic that doesn't rest until the job is done.
Ideal candidates would possess 3 to 8 years of project management experience in health care and/or government programs. Candidates should also have familiarity with Power BI and a strong communications background. Candidates should also be skilled in business process improvement, strategic planning, IT business strategy and data analysis. In this role, candidates must be able to facilitate meetings, provide system functionality delivery on business capabilities, deliver presentations, and provide production support. Candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship building skills, superior oral and written communication skills, a client service focus, the ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and the stamina to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Make recommendations to improve project management practices, implementing project management process improvements, and training project managers on project management best practices.
- Provide strategic planning, process development, analysis and interpretation to complex Business problems.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the Project Sponsors business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. The Project Manager also has overarching responsibility to identify and mitigate issues and risks, while also communicating same to stakeholder and senior leadership.
- Work constructively with sponsors, business analysts, stakeholders, and customers to define the scope of the project and determine staffing requirements. Monitor and communicate project status, including reporting results to managers and users.
- Promote teamwork and a collaborative work environment. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; ensure that the teams progress is clear within the team, as well as communicated clearly to stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with customers to provide project status and secure customer feedback. Manage expectations; ensure that reports, estimates and status are accurate and appropriately detailed, and that projects receive the appropriate level of priority.
- Take on complex and large projects in terms scope, dependencies, risks and impact to the organization. Their experience and skill are needed to complete projects of this nature and they work these projects autonomously.
- Oversee, develop and maintain automated project plans and leverage project management tools to monitor tasks and resource assignments. Stay aware of current project management trends and improvements within the industry.
- Develop and establish objective measures and provide constructive input to the performance measures used within the project management lifecycle. Develop standards and procedures; train other project managers to adapt to these standards and procedures.
- Follow company rules, procedures and maintaining a positive employee relations climate. Foster a culture of achievement within a results-oriented work environment. Assist in the recruitment and selection of prospective team members, as well as assimilation of new people into the organization. Manage issues and problems in a constructive and professional manner.
- Advanced knowledge in Project Management/Leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or comparable.
- Familiarity with Power BI.
- Strong communications background.
- Skilled in business process improvement, strategic planning, IT, business strategy and data analysis.
- Experience with a variety of methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Project Management Certificate PMP, PRINCE2, or similar preferred.
- Agile Certification CSM, ACP, or similar preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years managing programs or projects.
This position is remote. The position is full time and will include a base salary and full benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, and 401(k) with company match. We are also open to 1099 contract arrangements.
TechnologyView all jobs at Voyage Advisory