Walking Mapping Operator/Surveyor - (Seattle, WA)
VoxelMaps Inc. Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy playing with cutting-edge technology and being outdoors?
We are currently working with a major technology company to collect map data across a few select cities. The collection of map data involves WALKING prearranged geographical routes quipped with a sensor inside a backpack. This sensor will scan and collect data of the geography and route you are following. This is a short term pilot project with an estimated duration of one week. Collection specifically for Seattle will tentatively start around June 21st and is expected to go until June 28th. Dates for this project do fluctuate and are not guaranteed. The collection days will be split between two shifts: about 4 hours during the morning shift and 4 hours during the late afternoon/early evening (could potentially be something similar to 8am-noon, and 4pm-7pm). We would ideally prefer someone who has the ability to work both shifts, however a part-time person will be considered.
You will retrieve and transport the unit to assigned areas to walk/map. An average day you will walk approximately 6-9 miles between the shifts. The main pack with sensor equipment will weigh approximately 25 lbs. This collection will take place in and around the Seattle, WA area.
Those who excel in these positions are: Former infantry Soldiers and Marines, GIS/geography background, Gamers, iOS/Mac users, Geocaching, photography buff.
- Able to walk 8 hours/day and carry up to 25 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Must have capabilities to understand physical security protocols
- Must be polite and courteous and be comfortable with public interactions
- Follow security procedures to safeguard equipment
- Able to read and understand instructions
- Report issues on collection equipment
- Experience with iOS devices and be able to troubleshoot problems (iPhone, iPad, etc.) a plus
- Previous experience in mapping or other related fields a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Good physical condition with stamina for long periods of walking
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS THERE MAY BE A 14-DAY QUARANTINE OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST DEPENDING ON COLLECTION LOCATION AND COMPANY POLICIES!
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- $20 per hour
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at VoxelMaps Inc.