Locations: Philadelphia, PA
Clearance Required: Secret
Years of Experience: 2+
Degree: BA/BS in Communications or Journalism OR 4 years active duty military journalism experience, DINFOS experience preferred
FT/PT: Full Time
We need motivated candidates with extensive communications, public affairs and program management experience to support a US Navy public affairs contract. This position will support command communications activities, including:
- News, feature, and speech writing for a variety of topics and news vehicles.
- Writing, editing, and media relations support for command activities and special events including developing news releases, media advisories, articles, social media content, storyboards for video products, preparatory content for video interviews, response-to-query statements, communication/media plans, fact sheets, backgrounders, white papers, key messages, anticipated question-and-answer sheets, email and public announcements or displays, event scripts, infographics, talking points, speeches, briefing materials and issue papers.
- Writing, editing and layout support of weekly, bi-weekly and semi annual products.
- External communications support, including receiving and cataloging media and public inquiries, and coordinating responses with appropriate subject matter experts and management.
- Photography support as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent writing, researching, planning and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent customer relations skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior level military and government officials and assist them in the process of communicating command messages.
- Ability to organize and mange workflows and schedules, prioritizing work based on deadlines, schedules and management guidance.
- Understanding of the Associated Press style guide.
- Understanding of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography experience desired.
Interested applicants can submit resumes in searchable PDF format via the application portal below or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If an online portfolio of work is available, please include the link.