Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP. Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Practice Technology Data Analyst will perform several duties for a wide range of practice groups and operations teams within Vorys, including but not limited to: Asbestos Claims, Labor and Employment, Litigation, and Business Development. The Data Analyst’s priority will be to support reporting needs for a Fortune 100 client but will also have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions for other practices, contribute to the success of legal teams in class action matters, and provide insights from various data sources through involvement in all stages of the analytics lifecycle.
- Prepare data from various sources into the proper format based on the needs of the project
- Involvement in data analytics projects from inception to completion, including data collection, analysis, quality control and output deliverables.
- Use critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities to formulate cost effective solutions for our technical consumers and clients.
- Participate as a project team member to develop solutions, with an eye to design and develop effective reports and dashboards for the prescribed audiences.
- Communicate with project managers and stakeholders regarding status of work.
- Perform quality checks of new and existing reports and data sources to determine if there are reporting, feed, or data entry defects causing reporting errors.
- Develop and document specifications for new and existing reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), and experience building data visualizations with Power BI
- Experience utilizing SQL to build queries, create tables and views, and develop reports in normalized relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, management, and delivery of data analytics services
- Advanced knowledge and experience in evaluating and recommending analytics solutions
- Situational understanding of the statistical measures of central tendency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Certification for a data visualization platform.
- Development experience with ASP.net or similar languages a plus.
- A knowledge of data analytics industry trends and project management concepts, and experience with the Microsoft Power Platform are also desired.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with a range of specialized applications, software, and tools in the legal vertical, i.e., client claims database, document management systems, contact management systems, timekeeping applications, file transfer protocol sites, online collaboration, and communication tools, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in similar field required.
- Knowledge and work experience in a legal environment preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP (Vorys) does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Vorys only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.
TechnologyView all jobs at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.