Volutone LLC is looking for a Sales Associate 1 to join our team at our Corporate Office in Simi Valley.
For more than a century, Volutone has led the industry in customer service, quality products and cutting-edge technology. With seven convenient state-of-the-art facilities located throughout Southern California and Nevada, we're here to serve and support the needs of the professional installer.
As a SnapAV company, Volutone supports more than 150 of the top leading manufacturers, bringing you popular products in categories like A/V, Surveillance, Networking, Commercial & IT, Control and more.
Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery. Pull, store and distribute product for Sales Associates. Responsible to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current procedures manual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Pull Customer Orders for Sales Associates
- Maintain outstanding showroom condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked showroom
- Ascertain customers' needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
- Follow all company's policies and procedures
- Move inventory and materials across warehouse
- Process inventory for delivery
- Sort, organize and store inventory in the proper location
- Report damaged or missing inventory to Manager
- Move product from warehouse to workstations
- Wear safety gear at all times
- Operate heavy machinery like forklifts to move or store inventory
- Ensure workspace is free of debris and remove safety hazards from aisles
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals
- Proven working experience in retail sales
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Basic administration skills
- Good typing and grammar skills
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the duration of the shift
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work occasional overtime
- Pays attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
- Highly organized and able to store items efficiently
- Must follow all health and safety procedure and regulations as dictated by the organization and the state
- High school degree or equivalent
- Able to pass background check
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten to twenty pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds or more with the help of a team member. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.