Registered Nurse Manager/ Addiction Recovery Services Full Time
Volunteers of America of KY, Inc Louisville, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
PROGRAM: Addiction Recovery Services STATUS: F-T Salaried
POSITION: RN Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Addiction Recovery Services
RN is responsible for administration and implementation of the health care service provision for individuals in our residential Addiction Recovery Services within the regulations of Behavioral Health Services Organization Regulations and KY Medicaid Regulations. This position will also have on-call responsibilities, and will be responsible for overseeing the LPNs in the program, and accountable to the work they are responsible for.
The position requires current license as a Registered Nurse with the State of Kentucky and experience equivalent to three years in the behavioral health/addiction recovery fields. Preference given to candidates who have experience working both in residential settings, and with clients who are dually-diagnosed. Must be comfortable working closely with women and families in a residential setting.
1. Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
2. Satisfactory abuse and neglect registry check.
3. Proof of automobile insurance.
4. TB test.
5. First Aid & CPR training before working alone with individuals.
1. Monitors and provides continuous nursing services for residents within residential treatment.
2. Continuously assesses the effectiveness of nursing procedures and implements any changes
necessary to insure quality-nursing services.
3. Serves effectively as a consultation resource for staff and clearly communicates
4. When necessary, effectively recruits nursing and health service personnel.
5. Effectively works to maintain Behavioral Health Services Organization KARS standards
along with AODE and Medicaid standards and takes prompt, effective action to correct any
deficiencies in coordination with Director of Addiction Recovery Services and Clinical Staff.
6. Attends all required meetings on a scheduled basis and effectively uses these to resolve problems, review nursing/clinical issues and to enhance the competencies of clinical staff.
7. Makes recommendations for improvements for non-nursing services which impact the administration of nursing and other health related services. May coordinate and implement the education of other non-nursing staff on specific health related issues such as safety, infection control and preventative practices.
8. To ensure that all internal and external quality assurance plans are implemented as they pertain to clinical health related services.
9. Supervise/oversee all LPNs who work in these programs (2)
10. Any other responsibilities as assigned to meet the mission of the agency.
11. Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.