Clinical Therapist Addiction Recovery - Sign On Bonus
Volunteers of America of KY, Inc Louisville, KY
- Posted: over a month ago
The Clinical Therapist will be responsible to develop and monitor a service plan in agreement with each resident assigned, in an effort to empower residents to cope and deal with their substance use. Will provide assessment/evaluation, individual, group and family therapies, case management and referral services for residents on a consistent basis. Will also assist with daily operations/crisis intervention as needed. Will have some on-call and after-hour requirements.
The position requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work (CSW) with a preference given to an LCSW, LPCC, and/or CADC with an addiction focus and must have at least two years working with persons that are affected by behavioral health and substance use issues. The position requires a proven ability in providing clinical services in addition to communications, social casework, and billing requirements with KY Medicaid. Responsible for the overall clinical services to women/children/families that may have behavioral health and substance use issues. It requires a reasonable combination of the following knowledge and skills; Work with Mental Illness and addiction, use of cognitive behavioral therapies and twelve step facilitation skills, use of community resources and ability to serve as an appropriate role model. Compassion towards people living with behavioral health and substance use issues, and Hepatitis C and HIV/AIDS. Ability to convey respect to the target populations are critical. Must learn and apply agency, personnel and program policies and procedures. Must have knowledge and understanding of the current treatment modalities and the ability to train and supervise any Social Work Interns.
1. To provide assessment/evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment (individual, group, family therapies, case management, and referral services) of substance use disorders directly to clients of Volunteers of America Mid-States
2. Provide clinical services daily to individuals/clients on case load (both individual and group sessions)
3. Participate in weekly clinical supervision
4. Maintain billing requirements along with understanding of BHSO, AODE and KY Medicaid Regulations
5. Manage caseload and client needs
6. To develop and monitor service plans for individuals on assigned caseload.
7. Work effectively with referral sources and community partners.
8. To provide assessment, individual, group, family therapies, case management and referral services to residents (including substance use, behavioral health, job placement and educational programs).
9. Document services through current, complete records.
10. To provide crisis counseling on personal, financial, employment, behavioral, crisis and substance abuse matters for residents.
11. Advise other staff on treatment matters and coordinate team treatment as appropriate.
12. To maintain statistical data on all residents on caseload through reporting.
13. To review service plans with staff and update files in accordance with CRR.
14. To monitor and enforce compliance of residents within programs as assigned.
15. To complete initial intakes as assigned.
16. To complete discharge planning as assigned.
17. To participate in case conferencing and regular staff meetings with addiction recovery team.
18. To assist with daily operations of the residential program and coverage (including Holidays and any aftercare programs within Programs) as needed.
19. Assist with special projects such as Quality Assurance and to assist with ensuring compliance with
COA standards and CRR requirements.
20. Assist with documentation control on therapy files as assigned.
21. Participate in regular client review.
22. Maintain a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
23. Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
24. Other duties assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. To empower individuals and families to work through and cope with mental health and addiction issues and to live and independent life through recovery.
2.To comply with specified regulations and requirements within KY Medicaid regulations of providing
substance use and mental health services with general Volunteers of America policies and procedures.
3. To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
*** $1,500 Sign on bonus after 6 months of continuous employment***
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.