Volunteers of America Northern Rockies Gillette, WY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $20 Hourly
Quarterly Retention Bonus of $500 available until July 2022!
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Kitchen Lead is responsible for food service management in a residential community correction facility. This position ensures compliance per Wyoming Department of Health standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare menus with the approval of the Dietician
- Prepare and serve resident meals
- Maintain inventory of kitchen stock supplies, and order food/kitchen supplies as needed adhering to budgetary guidelines
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Ensure operational and resident compliance with the Department of Corrections, Bureau of Prisons, and Volunteers of America Policy
- Document and submit timely reports regarding resident behaviors/incidents
- Effective communicator; assertive when necessary
- Respectful and professional with all residents
- Able to deal with confrontation in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to remain organized while working in a fast-paced environment and meeting tight deadlines
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a residential community corrections facility. The role routinely uses standard kitchen equipment such as stove, scales, mixer, dishwasher, knives, etc.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds with assistance and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds with support.
Close vision ability is required to check the appearance of food, use kitchen equipment, measure, and take/record the temperature of food.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position—the availability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience, or Eligibility Qualifications
- High School education or equivalent
- At least two years experience as a Cook in a commercial setting
- ServSafe certified
- Experience with cost-effective food/kitchen supply purchasing and inventory control
- Must be able to pass a background check with the Wyoming Department of Corrections and Bureau of Prisons
Preferred Education and Experience
- Institutional Cooking Experience
- Leadership or Supervisory experience
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies
FoodView all jobs at Volunteers of America Northern Rockies