Accounting Clerk ll
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies Wyoming, WY
- Posted: over a month ago
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Accounting Clerk ll carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: cash receipts, accounts payable, credit card reconciliation and payroll backup.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates the organizational cash receipt’s function and ensures appropriate safeguards and internal control surrounding the role.
- Receive payments from various sources for deposit to VOANR bank accounts.
- Conducts research or seeks instruction regarding appropriate coding and application of payments received.
- Codes payments and posts them to the Abila accounting system, ensuring the accuracy of data entry and all transactions.
- Create bank deposits and transports transactions to the bank.
- Maintains an awareness of A/R, A/P, banking, credit card activity and various other VOANR activities to conduct job duties appropriately.
- Works with other members of the Finance team to ensure accurate bank account reconciliations.
- Works in other aspects of the Financial Services Department as necessary to provide continuous outstanding service.
- Cross trains and acts as the primary backup for payroll processing and all other payroll activity. Maintains an appropriate knowledge base to perform payroll duties if needed.
- Coordinates monthly credit card reconciliation process for VOANR cardholders.
- Reconciles monthly credit card activity ensuring appropriate coding and allocations to the various programs. Works with cardholders on problem resolution disputed charges, etc.
- Reconciles monthly Walmart credit card activity and ensures accurate coding, allocations, and posting for all transactions.
- Work as a liaison between Financial Services and VOANR programs on issues about cash receipts and other accounting matters.
- Sends correspondence when necessary, to address payment issues or other Financial Service matters.
- Maintains written procedures regarding specific job duties as well as a checklist of the steps to be followed for each monthly accounting cycle.
- Works with the Abila software system and other software tools to provide reports and information to Executive Leaders/Directors/Managers.
- Acts as a Financial Services resource for questions related to contributions and donor activity.
- Maintains filing and storage systems for cash receipts and other accounting records according to audit and record retention requirements.
- Performs accounting and clerical functions in conformity with all GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures accounting records are accurate and maintained according to organizational standards.
- Ensures that all reporting requirements are met per VOANR internal policy.
- Completes and submits various reports to appropriate agencies while adhering to proper accounting requirements.
- Work with the Director of Finance and audit firms during various audits.
- Contributes to the Financial Services team by lending assistance as needed and cross-training in other aspects of the department to ensure outstanding service.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Solutions-based consultation
- Ethical practice
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool, as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Generally, the days and hours of work include varying shifts during regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- Associate Degree plus two years of accounting or related field
- High School Diploma with four years of accounting or related field
- Highly proficient with the use of Microsoft Suite applications, and database software
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus two years of accounting or related field
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).
Volunteers of America Northern Rockies
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Volunteers of America Northern Rockies