Our company is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
· Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
· Posting cash deposits.
· Preparing Financial Statements
· Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
· Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany ledger accounts
· Maintaining general ledger chart of accounts
· Assisting with initial internal control evaluations
· Posting monthly, quarterly, and yearly accruals/allocations
· Assisting with budget preparation and preparing the monthly budget variance analyses
· Assist with accounting and budget activities for HUD Housing function.
· At least five years’ experience.
· A bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance.
· Must be organized with attention to detail.
· Accredidations such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) are preferred
· Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
· Strong technology skills are critical, particularly expertise with Microsoft excel
· Basic math skills; ability to analyze figures; knowledge of accounting principles;
· excellent verbal/written communication, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills