The primary purpose of the Director of Operations for Maryland Programs is to be responsible for the growth and profitability of Maryland Programs. This position will be required to plan, organize, develop and assist the overall operation and quality improvement of Maryland Programs in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, to assure the highest degree of quality care (for programs) at all times. The core services in Maryland are Housing and Homeless Services, Veterans Services, Work Force Development, Behavioral Health and Substance Use, and Reentry Services spanning in 5 counties in Maryland. This position requires direct involvement with managerial & support staff, and the supervision of monitoring tools on a daily basis to ensure that Maryland Programs are in compliance with governmental funding, and internal requirements. This position will be responsible for analyzing data to support programs in improving quality for all service lines. This position will be responsible for representing the agency during reviews and corresponding with oversight agencies as directed by the Vice President of Maryland.
A master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or business related field is required. Incumbent must demonstrate at least five (5) years of operations experience. Clinical licensure is preferable. Operational experience in organizations working with Behavioral Health, Community Corrections, Veterans, Housing, Substance Abuse Services and/or Homeless Services is desired.
- Manage the daily operations of the agency’s Corporate Compliance, Quality Assurance Plan, and organization’s compliance directives/concerns with oversight agencies.
- Establish and maintain a system for assuring timely and proper follow-up on Corrective Action Plans, Quality Improvement Plans and other issues and corrective actions defined through government reviews, audits and accreditation surveys.
- Oversee and continually refine the organization’s risk management plan(s) and programs.
- Conduct regular scheduled compliance and quality assurance reviews and audits
- Remain abreast of, and maintain a library of, relevant federal and state regulations, requirements and standards of funders. Provide relevant updates to regional staff and to the overall organization.
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operations to ensure compliance with regulatory systems.
- Assist with the process of onboarding new programs to ensure they are appropriately set up, licensed, and successfully integrated into the communities.
- Works cooperatively with stakeholders in various governing agencies and regulatory bodies in assigned areas to maximize and improve the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Assists VP with monitoring and communicating opportunities for new program development, and expansion of existing programs throughout the service area. Assists with new program development & implementation, and expansion opportunities.
- Supports VOAC management and other programs’ activities as assigned.
- Financial Management of all programs and executing strategies to optimize growth.
- Attend & Participates in meetings, trainings and conferences as needed.
- Performs other program management and strategic level duties as assigned. (Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice).
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by supporting and/or conducting investigative procedures.
- Work with the Organizational Excellence department as the Program’s lead on data and training systems.
- This position may require driving a company and/or personal vehicle, so the candidate must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth in Agency MVR guidelines, to include:
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check
- Negative Drug and Tuberculosis screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions;
- Culturally competent with an ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to research, prepare, maintain and review reports and documents timely and accurately;
- Keen attention to detail and flexibility to work with different aspects of the organization;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Skilled in the operation of relevant computer systems and simple office machines.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Programs operate in compliance with agency policy and state and contractual requirements with effective management and operations within budgets.
- Services are provided which effectively address identified individual needs and enable individuals to progressively become more independent and self-sufficient in the community.
- Services are provided by staff trained, privileged and competent to perform assigned duties.
- Positive and effective local and professional community relationships are developed and maintained, including with contractual and funding sources, regulatory agencies, professional associations and our neighbors.
- Maintenance of existing business and program and services opportunities are developed and expanded as available in the service areas.
- Oversight, guidance, support and training are provided to all services programs in The Carolinas ensuring quality and continuity of services.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.