This position will report to the Program Director and is responsible for the development and direction of the program/curriculum for mental health treatment for clients struggling with behavioral health disorders. The program will assure quality service to all program participants through available resources, assessment/placement of clients, and management of daily workflow as it relates to overall organizational operations. In addition, the Supervisor assures that all work is performed in a cost effective and service oriented manner in accordance with appropriate procedures and established organizational standards. This role coordinates program requirements with other operational areas and has overall responsibility for the supervision, development and motivation of staff.
- · Masters Degree required in Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, or related field;
- · MD licensure required,
- · Minimum of three years supervisory experience in individual, group or family therapy;
- · Minimum of five years of clinical experience in substance abuse or related field. Trauma training preferred.
- · Recovering individuals must have a minimum of two years of continuous chemical abstinence and must be active in support groups.
1. Assists in the formulation and implementation of specific programming goals and objectives;
2. implement and be responsible for meeting standards and guidelines recommended by regulatory and payor groups;
3. responsible for the formulation, revision and implementation of policies and procedures;
4. directly supervise clinical staff and indirect supervision of unit staff.
5. Ensures that all clinical staff receive prescribed orientation, in-service and supervision;
6. ensures that established personnel policies are followed; effective coaching and disciplinary action as necessary; complete introductory and annual performance evaluations for staff on a timely basis; plan and maintain staffing schedule to ensure excellent patient care;
7. participate in weekend on-call rotation.
8. Responsible for Therapeutic milieu, 12-Step, Relapse Prevention, Family Education, and Continuing Care curriculum consistency;
9. ensures that all clients have individualized comprehensive treatment plan and an appropriate aftercare plan in accordance with program standards; present educational lectures for patients and their families.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.