· Evening and weekend administration and/or ensuring coverage.
· Ensuring medication is administered appropriately to all Volunteer Youth Academy clients needing such services. This includes coverage on holidays, night administration and non-school days.
· Completion of initial health screenings of every Volunteer Youth Academy client. All screening must be completed within 24 hrs. of client’s arrival.
· Properly packing medication for passes, visits and off-campus activities.
· Medication pick-up when needed.
· Ensuring all client files are meeting medical requirements per contract and/or State of Tennessee regulations.
· Ensure all medical supplies are stocked and appropriately at the unit and office.
· Professional License as Licensed Practical Nurse
· Follows procedures to assure professional ethics and quality assurance
· Evaluates education process and outcomes with the client during and at the end of the program
· Maintains clear, concise and current recording; participates in record review
· Conveys respect for collaborating agency/staff
· Is a productive, responsible collaboration team member; seeks mutual solutions to problems and welcomes the exchange of ideas and learning
· Engages or joins collaborating staff in program evaluation and enhancement
· Carries out work with flexibility and creativity while maintaining professional standards and ethics in diverse settings
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing and certified to perform duties in the state of Tennessee and has 2+ years’ experience with children
Strong oral and written skills are required in this position including but not limited to:
§ Ability to effectively present information to clients, staff and the general public including providing training on a variety of mental health topics
§ Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, agencies or members of the public
§ Ability to write clear and concise reports and correspondence
§ Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional articles, reports and documents
§ Excellent skills in building and sustaining collaborative relationships
§ Organizational and computer skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute percentages
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, License and Registrations:
Maintains current license and/or certifications to be eligible for position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to write, type or operate office equipment. During a typical day an employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally life and/or move up to 10 lbs. Specific vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.