Systems Engineer (Senior)
Embark on a journey at the intersection of technology and project management! We're actively seeking an accomplished and visionary Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team in Chantilly, VA. As a key orchestrator of technological initiatives, you will play a pivotal role in driving our projects from concept to completion, ensuring seamless integration and success. This isn't just a job; it's an invitation to lead transformative projects that define the future.
NS2 Mission program is seeking a project Systems Engineer to support an applications development team. The candidate will track new requirements and decompose them into actionable tasks for development team members. The SE will work with the customer and team to convert mission needs into user stories (in Jira) with well-defined acceptance criteria and should understand the technical dependencies between user stories to facilitate the proper sequencing for scheduling of work in development sprints. The SE will facilitate backlog prioritization and sprint planning sessions and daily scrums. The SE may be asked to brief or support briefings to management and mission stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience using Jira and Confluence for managing project requirements and activities, and maintaining project documentation
- Experience working with Agile development teams (running daily scrum, sprint planning, and backlog grooming)
- Experience working with customers to prioritize needs across a large set of stakeholders
- Experience briefing senior management on high priority work items
- Ability to track and manage customer needs with an enterprise work/ requirements tracking tool
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Conduct application and tools demonstrations/ TEMs
- Coordinate deployment, generate change requests, and Release Definitions
- Amazon certifications
- Certified Scrum Master certification highly desired
- Knowledge of the data lifecycle and data management best practices
Position Clearance Requirement:
TS/SCI with FSP
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain or maintain a U.S security clearance which requires U.S citizenship.
NS2 Mission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. NS2 Mission is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that NS2 Mission may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide in your application, with its affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
NS2 Mission maintains a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, where required by contract and permitted by law.
NS2 MissionChantilly, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.