Senior Manager, Accounting / Controller
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Voltera provides the critical infrastructure necessary to support the full electrification of transportation. Siting, building, and owning strategically located, fit-for-purpose charging facilities at the right time, in the right place, and operating them with the reliability our customers demand, we’re the full-service partner companies rely on to support EV deployment and operation at scale.
Led by a team with deep experience delivering charging solutions as well as critical infrastructure expertise, and a portfolio of sites already under development uniquely position Voltera to help our customers deploy and operate EVs at scale.
The Senior Manager, Accounting / Controller will cover various aspects of accounting operations with an initial focus on revenue area accounting and enhancement, responsible for the timely execution of monthly close activities and leading communication and advisory to the Company’s global sales organization around all aspects of quote to cash process. The position will manage accounting staff, work closely with Billing/AR team and report to the CFO.
In parallel to managing revenue operations, the Senior Manager, Accounting / Controller will collaborate closely with regional controller functions to integrate operations with corporate accounting processes with a focus on continued process optimization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review lease abstractions performed by the staff in accordance applicable standard; and work closely with the Billing/AR manager to ensure quality and timeliness of billing cycles.
- Review subledger to GL reconciliations to ensure completeness of billings and revenue and related account activities such as deferred revenue; Perform period end close activities, including system close, journal entries, reconciliations, BS and PL flux analyses, and presentations to management.
- Work with the heads of sales and marketing in analyzing sales activities in the Company’s efforts to define and augment product offerings in order to better align sales strategy.
- Identify system or process inefficiencies or issues and provide solutions for enhancements.
- Actively manages sales/legal/finance review process to ensure quality controls over contracting process.
- Be a driving force working with regions to ensure regional sales activities are properly supported by and integrated into corporate sales execution and accounting processes.
- Support accounting department talent retention and taking a lead people development and management role by actively managing cross-functional rotation program to allow multi-faceted training and learning opportunities for our workforce.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of mix of corporate and public accounting experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, in leading teams and coordinating with peers and other disciplines on driving projects/issues to closure
- Commitment to organizational excellence and constant awareness to seek opportunities to improve processes/quality of deliverables
- Superb ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities
- Superb ability to meet committed timelines, leveraging assistance/input from peers
- Strong and effective team player in working with various disciplines and peer groups; can cover a gamut of tasks required to ‘getting a job done’
- Active CPA
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience in the infrastructure or Real Estate environments
Voltera believes diversity – of thought, backgrounds, and experiences – affects all that we do, from our employees to the solutions we deliver. Our goal is to create an environment in which inclusion through diversity helps deepen the lives and work experience of our employees, enhances our innovation and creativity, and enriches our involvement in our communities. Voltera is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, as well as any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBodega Bay, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Manager Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.