Volt Poway, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tranducer Engineer-Direct Hire-Poway, CA
Volt is seeking a Transducer Engineer-Direct Hire-Great Benefits
The Transducer Engineer will assume a technical leadership role for all aspects of the technical development, manufacturability, and reliability of state-of-the-art piezoelectric hydroacoustic transducers. Conducts research and development activities and applies research theories, principles, and models when conducting experiments and research activities. Summarizes research results and communicates findings to internal and external bodies. Assesses the scope of research projects and ensures projects are on time and within budget. Develops technical documentation for all projects. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to determine methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. May supervise the activities of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities i
- Defines, develops, and delivers novel solutions to a broad range of problems that
- include advanced modeling techniques such as:
- o Transducer Design / Modeling / Analysis
- o Coordination of transducer prototype manufacturing including some hands-on assembly /modification
- o Transducer integration and system level validation and testing to specifications
- o Acoustic, mechanical, and electrical design
- o Material selection and testing
- o Design of experiments (DOE)
- o Design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Collaborates with other colleagues to identify critical challenges and provide innovative solutions.
- Completes research documentation and technical procedures for assigned projects.
- Provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs.
- Briefs others on deliverables, status and progress.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and production issues.
- Fosters team interaction and ensures smooth execution of programs involving multiple members and partners.
- Proposes concepts for improvements to existing projects.
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies for implementation; improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 10-15 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Volt