Volt Irvine, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volt is currently looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer for a large automotive company in the Orange County, CA area.
This candidate will be responsible for:
- performing end to end testing,
- generate vehicle data,
- creating test case and plans,
- write and maintain test procedures
- and troubleshoot reported issues for root cause isolation.
- Perform End to End testing to ensure telematics system meets customer expectations
- Generate vehicle data via driving test routes and activating vehicle issues (in engine and other)
- Create test cases and test plans
- Provide estimates on testing efforts and report on progress
- Write and maintain test procedures for future reference to team members
- Test telematics solutions including customer Web portal (Browser), mobile application (App), and in vehicle interface (Head unit)
- Utilize testing applications to increase efficiency
- Write clear and detailed test report
- Provide feedback on found issues and make suggestions on improvements
- Troubleshoot reported issues for root cause isolation
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Understanding and exposure to the Software Design Life Cycle
- Knowledge of web protocols (HTML) and TCP/IP network protocol
- Experience with Manual and Black box testing (Web and App testing)
- Capable of using in-browser developer tools (Firefox/Chrome)
- Proficient in writing and executing test plans
- Write issue reports with clear description using bug reporting tool such JIRA
- Experience in manually installing application on smartphones (Android and iOS)
- Experience in using Windows, OSX, Linux and able to use command line interface
- Ability to navigation and review through technical specification documents (i.e. PRD, BRD, etc.)
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments. Tasks might require lifting about 30lb\Work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Volt