Technical Support Technician - Break Fix
Volt Elk Grove Village, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Major Technology company is seeking a Technical support technician that specializes in server hardware break fix. Volt's Client is an American multinational technology company that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
You will resolve problems with hardware, software, and network failures in a highly advanced demanding datacenter. You will also be responsible for testing and repairing server hardware electronic components. In addition, isolate and resolve network connectivity issues in the data center fiber and copper infrastructure.
- Linux experience- commands to troubleshoot what is failing
- Maintain all the hardware, storage systems, and troubleshoots hardware
- Hard drive replacement
- Memory replacement
- Network troubleshooting (network configuration, set up IPs, etc.)
- Motherboard replacement
- Command Line Interface experience
- Scripting experience
- Strong knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.
- Documented troubleshooting experience.
- Deep understanding of networking standards
- Familiarity with Hardware Environment: IBM pSeries and xSeries, Sun, HP, Datadomain, NetApp, Teradata, IBM Storage
- UNIX user level, system administration preferred
- Ability to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Capable of working shifts, which may include weekends and or holidays.
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation, drive and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Good social, written and verbal relational skills.
- Experience with low voltage and optical experience
- Responsible for optical connectivity troubleshooting
- Multimeter and Oscilloscope familiarity
- Follow and perform the data center's safety programs and policies.
- Have the ability to lift and move 50lbs equipment daily.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Volt