Technical Support Specialist
Volt Richland, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VOLT’s client is looking for an IT Helpdesk Tech
This is an estimated 12-month contract position in Richland, WA. This is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. We are among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support many of the top-rated IT companies in the US!
Under general supervision from peers and management, this position is responsible for providing prompt and courteous service to users as they call the Help Desk for technical assistance, supporting IS analysts in applications and operations, and software management, installation, and inventory.
Maintain inventory of software and licenses. Install, maintain, and provide support for software. Assist users in requesting software, tracking the progress of requests, verifying software approval status, and tracking licenses. Provide technical system support; assist users with available applications and programs. Assist IS analysts in system management. Provide password support and management, manage access to network and network folders. Maintain network security work groups.
Act as primary customer interface to develop specific hardware and software configuration requirements necessary to meet customer telephone and data transmission needs. Effective personal interaction with many groups and individuals utilizing strong communications skills is a very important aspect of this accountability.
Receive and document customer computer and network trouble calls watching for trends and/or recurring problems. Provide advanced technical assistance in resolving IT related problems involving hardware, software and system compatibility conflicts and malfunctions, application operations, connectivity, network, and security issues. Customer information is logged into a service request ticket that will follow the request through to its completion. The Computer Support Technician owns the ticket from inception through closure and is responsible for meeting or exceeding user expectations and IT level of service commitments
Attend meetings and trainings.
Maintain the fleet of laptop computers. Load appropriate software and e-mailboxes for customer checkout. Re-image laptop to standard image upon return to be ready for the next check out. Image customer computers and laptops as necessary.
Provide administration and support for Remote Secure Access. Track supervisor approvals and signature forms, create and distribute tokens, and assist users in setup and continued use of application.
- AA degree in computer related field; OR unrelated AA plus one year experience,
- OR, in lieu of degree, a High School diploma plus three years of experience.
- Experience needs to be directly related to Information Systems/Help Desk.
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Computer Sciences, Engineering, or Sciences related fields preferred
- Supporting and troubleshooting Windows Operating System and Microsoft Server, client server computing, middleware, and TCP/IP networking;
- Microsoft Applications such as Office, Internet Explorer, SCCM, and SCOM.
- IT Telecommunications environments, such as telephone circuits, data communications, plant cabling concepts.
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a Volt Recruiter to discuss this position with you. Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our Workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and re-deployment assistance.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Volt