Technical Fulfillment Specialist
Volt Hillsboro, OR
- Posted: 16 days ago
Full Time - Technical Order Fulfillment Specialist
Do you specialize in collaborating, being creative, product logistics and gathering part specific data?
Are you good at contract reviews, flow down of contractual and technical information?
Then we need you!!
The duties are weighted heavy in customer service and production control/logistics. Ensures data entry into Manufacturing Resource Planning system is accurate and up to date for all sales orders, work orders, product shipments, product locations, and inventory.
You will be directly responsible for responding to customer requests in an efficient and timely manner. You will be accountable for incoming inspection, reconciliation of part quantities, and product packaging as part of quality assurance. A significant part of the job involves dealing with people as part of the production team, customer base, suppliers, transportation companies, and the sales team.
• Manage order fulfillment process related to order entry and contract review including inside estimators and outside sales executives.
• Coordinate with production team to meet customer requirements and schedules for product delivery, both existing and new customers.
• Maintain accurate and updated parts database in MRP system inclusive of part specific requirements and production processes.
• Generate and proof sales orders as required to fill customer orders inclusive of purchase order and contract acknowledgements.
• Perform invoicing data entry in preparation for final invoicing with consideration of corrected part, shipping, material, and service costs.
• Perform receiving duties for incoming shipments inclusive of quality inspections/measurements; part and process identification, examining contents and compare with existing records (such as manifests, invoices, or orders) to verify order accuracy and flow down requirements to production.
• Perform shipping duties for outgoing shipments inclusive of quality inspections; prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials; determine shipping method for materials using knowledge of shipping procedures and carriers.
• Perform ESD handling procedures as required by product.
• Perform packaging methodologies that protect product from in-transit damage, pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
• Confer and correspond with customer and carrier representatives to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials or to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Prepare purchase requisitions for raw materials to satisfy orders when inventory is low or in the procurement of new raw materials.
• May receive and redirect inbound calls on all lines including checking company voice messages.
• Respond to inbound customer service inquiries for information such as ship dates, tracking numbers, delivery confirmations, quotes, order accuracy or other existing order questions.
• Make outbound calls to obtain authorizations to proceed with orders to customers and to resolve order/paperwork conflicts and other issues to customer satisfaction.
• Receives and processes customers and public at reception desk including customer log, meetings, visitor badges, NDA's, and factory tours.
• Author and maintain all order entry and quoting processes and procedures for order fulfillment team including INFOR (ERP) processes.
Facilitate returned merchandise authorizations (RMA’s) and document control of engineering changes through engineering change notices (ECN’s).
Use CAD to review customer data for part creation and part identification.
1. High school diploma or equivalent with 3 years’ experience. Advanced degrees preferred.
2. Ability to establish contacts and relationships with potential customers and partners.
3. Resolve customer issues over the telephone, including billing inquiries, and sales opportunities.
4. Ability to utilize MS Office suite of programs and experience with MRP systems.
5. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and be detailed oriented.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Volt