Senior Staff Accountant
Volt West Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volt is an executive recruiting firm that specializes in placing accounting and finance professional with top notch companies. We are working with a company in the Greater Miami area has an immediate need for a Senior Staff Accountant. Our client has been experiencing tremendous growth their business sector. Your attention to detail and ability to prioritize deadlines will be a tremendous asset to this fast-paced highly functional team. The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for month-end closing activities to include preparing journal entries, maintaining financial reporting schedules, reconciling general ledger accounts and providing guidance and interpretation on accounting policies and procedures. The Senior Staff Accountant must be able to work directly with Senior Management on a regular basis to address accounting issues within critical accounts while taking direct ownership and responsibility of assigned tasks and projects. This is a fast paced environment that requires engagement with multiple levels of personnel throughout the company to get the job done. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform monthly closing procedures to produce financial statements in a timely manner and prepare account analysis and general ledger account reconciliations
- Work within the finance department and support senior management and staff through performing technical and operational accounting functions such as general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting and administrative support.
- Gather necessary supporting documentation to enter journal entries into the general ledger accounting system
- Prepare and post all journal entries, analysis and reconciliation related to specifically assigned general ledger accounts
- Create, maintain and use sophisticated, organized spreadsheets, to calculate related journal entries and/or perform analysis
- Perform in-depth analysis of financial statements, including subjective accounting areas that require strong analytical skills as a basis for reconciling differences and resolving issues
- Other Ad-Hoc tasks to be defined
What we are looking for in you:
- BBA/BS in Accounting; Masters in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA license highly preferred
- 3-5 years plus general ledger accounting and/or public accounting experience; must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experienced in the use of accounting software
- Ability to accomplish difficult tasks with minimal oversight and maintain a consistent level of accuracy in all assigned areas
- Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to present solutions to difficult accounting problems
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills
The Senior Staff Accountant must have strong analytical skills and be able to apply sound judgment on accruing estimated revenues or expenses. The Senior Staff Accountant should possess strong problem-solving skills along with the effective communication skills needed to discuss and explain accounting issues with the accounting management team.
AddressWest Miami, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Volt