Senior Network Engineer
Volt Spokane, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volt | Network Engineer | Spokane, WA
We are seeking an Network Engineer with broad experience in an enterprise environment.
This is a senior-level Cisco Network Engineer that needs to have route/switch experience with recent Cisco gear.
The Network Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced office environment in meeting continual deadlines. The Network Engineer must be able to handle multiple priorities with constant interruptions. Organization is essential in order to meet deadlines. A sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks is necessary.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs data communication functions related to the design and implementation of hardware, software, and circuit facilities.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art telecommunications and LAN equipment and services.
- Designs, implements, installs, and troubleshoots network infrastructure with Cisco switches and routers
- Installs and supports remote sites including home network users and new offices; phone and network cabling; new networks including testing, implementation and maintenance
- Creates Visio documentation for network infrastructure
- Integrates medical equipment into the data network
- Troubleshoots Windows OS
- Secures quotes and bids from hardware/software and telecommunication vendors including securing contracts
- Manages network and data projects including site remodels for networks and phones, securing bids for equipment and managing timelines and implementation/installation
- Rotates to other shifts and locations as needed occasional regional travel, weekend work and on-call rotation will be required.
- Heavy Cisco route/switch experience required
- Experience with the following:
- IP routing and virtualization in a Wide Area Network – MPLS, VRF, IPSEC
- Deep understanding of QOS and Voice routing
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Ethernet, and TDM configuration and operation
- Cisco Enterprise and Industrial routing and switching platforms, modules, and configuration
- WAN performance, optimization, configuration and assurance techniques
- Back office network management and authentication systems
- Wireless LAN configuration, operation, and maintenance
- IP subnetting
- IP protocols
- Configuration and operation of LAN switching technology – VLANs, Trunking, FHRP’s
- Certifications: CCNP highly desired
- Experience with call manager or CCX call center software preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, organized, and able to work in a fast paced environment.
BENEFITS | PERKS | CULTURE (include):
- Healthcare & Welfare allowance of an addition $600/mo.
- 2 weeks PTO
- Great collaborative culture
- Small team environment with the stability of a global organization
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 only position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
Volt offers a candidate referral bonus, please inquire for more details. (Conditions and restrictions apply)
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Volt