Volt has partnered with an established Central Valley grower that has a diversified mature crop portfolio that includes: almonds, pistachios, blueberries, and walnuts who is now hiring for a Senior Accountant!
This is a Direct Hire role with excellent salary and benefits.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant with extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy to join the Accounting Department. We encourage you to apply if you want to be part of a team that has strong verbal and written communication skills, thrives on working in a team environment, can multi-task and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. The Senior Accountant position offers a tremendous variety of challenging work. The camaraderie within our company fosters personal growth and development and teamwork. The company offers phenomenal benefits and is family oriented.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation and issuance of monthly financial statements that are complete, accurate, and timely, including the maintenance of fixed asset schedules and accurate supporting aged receivable and payable reports. In addition, the Senior Accountant will assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end combined financial reporting for multiple entities and year-end tax return workpapers. The individual must be able to work with sensitive and confidential information and possess integrity and honesty.
- Assist with the monthly Executive Management reporting package.
- Assist with assessment of existing internal controls, development of recommendations to accounting/finance management/owner and implementation of authorized modifications to existing controls.
- Assist Accounting with assessment of existing technology platforms, development of recommendations to accounting/finance management/owner and implementation of authorized modifications to existing systems, including accounting and expense reimbursements.
- Assist in multi-entity monthly/quarterly/YE close process;
- Assist with multi-entity debt reporting and covenant compliance.
- Provide financial support to accounting management by researching and analyzing accounting data; report preparation; ad hoc requests
Provide financial support to internal departments through account analysis and resolving accounting issues;
- Assist in the preparation of loan draws and related entity cash transfer requirements.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance related to business licenses, sales tax,property tax, business filings, etc. for multiple entities.
- Initiate and process journal entries, including complex accounting transactions;
- Prepare and continually update various consolidating accounting schedules;
- Reconcile and analyze various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist with special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Experience working in CPA firm preferred;
- 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibilities in accounting;
- Financial reporting experience required;
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts;
- Knowledge in GAAP;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Microsoft Excel and related software programs;
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional and proactive manner;
- Be creative, flexible, and able to drive/guide change;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment;
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require;
- Strong leadership and people skills.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer