Volt has partnered with a growing ag company in King City. They are looking for a dynamic Staff Accountant!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Maintain asset lists and files for insurance and depreciation
- Audit GL and crop specific cost centers and generate crop cost reports. Generate annual “Crop by company/Ranch/Overhead Area” spreadsheet.
- Analyze costs per pound or per acre and provide management profit outlook for contract negotiations.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes.
- Verify, invoice and enter monthly overheads. Oversee invoicing and entering of monthly “bares”, oversight for fertilizer and chemical application costing.
- Validate Company inventory and maintain accuracy.
- Assist with banking activities including--reconcile company bank statements, stop payments, wire transfers, credit card requests, etc...
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Oversee Grower Payments, changing cost centers after final planting.
- Oversee and report rotational costing for soil additives and seed.
- Monitors receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated. Implement system of verifying all A/R has been billed.
- Accumulate and apply overhead cost as required by GAAP.
- Assist with company audits (Annual, IRS, property tax, etc..)
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assist with maintaining accounting controls by recommending policies and procedures
- Member of the new ERP implementation committee.
- File annual Secretary of State Domestic Stock Statements.
- Special projects and any other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with computer software necessary to perform duties (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, and Accounting software)
- Microsoft Navision experience preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Contact: or call 559-490-0555 for additional details.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer